Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #11  
Works so long as it is a solid internal shaft straight trimmer. The wound up wire shafts cannot take the shock and will fail real quick. I use a carbide tipped circular saw blade on mine quite a bit. Far as a severed foot, not happening, I have a guard on my Stihl FS straight shaft trimmer / brush cutter.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick
We have a thread where this was discussed. I'm skeptical of '"thousands of acres cut"

If you're referring to the post title, yes I would be very skeptical. I'm real suspicious of anything that includes the phrase '...with this one weird trick.' 😂

But if you had a thousand buddies with a thousand weed eaters and a thousand blades you could get thousands of acres cut in a weekend. Just make sure you own a small brewery to treat everyone to a couple of beers after its all done! 🙂

Seems like a severed foot waiting to happen.

You just need the correct PPE. I wore a loggers helmet for safety. I figured if I did amputate an appendage and had to call for help that the orange color would help the paramedics find me faster. ;)

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #14  
I have had good luck with this type of blade. I found them to work better for me then the skill saw style blades.
1687620973357.png

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #16  
I have something similar, but it has chainsaw teeth on a circular metal disk. It does a good job, but is kind of scary. You definitely gotta take your time and be cautious.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #18  
I modified my Ryobi weed trimmer to take standard circular saw blades. It just required me turning a register down a little. The straight shaft trimmer was made to accept special triangular blades. I turned the register down slightly smaller in the lathe. I use carbide tipped blades that I buy on sale. Even when the blades are dull from hitting rocks they still go through black berry and salmon berry canes and small diameter alders very fast. I cut through the berry canes just below ground level so I hit a lot of little rocks. But cutting through just below ground level means no stems sticking up.
Eric

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #19  
On tall plants where the cut material interferes with the next “swipe”, cut a manageable length off, starting at the top. Yes, it might take 3 swings instead of one, but still quicker than wrestling a pile of tall cut stalks.
IMO. 2 cents.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #20  
I used a Stihl “handlebar” machine with a blade that has chain saw teeth on it. It is named Forester. Does a good job and comes with a file for sharpening.

Attachments

• 213F7C18-31F3-4308-8322-557B35E081FF.jpeg
    213F7C18-31F3-4308-8322-557B35E081FF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 90
  • 4587A461-ABD7-4CC9-93A1-B07726992CC6.jpeg
    4587A461-ABD7-4CC9-93A1-B07726992CC6.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92