Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #21  
That was property line I was clearing. Had metal posts driven where the survey flags where. Added the pvc over them so I could see “stait line” to cut

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #22  
After I got it knocked back was able to brush hog and that made a really clean path to build fence

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #23  
I've also used a blade on my Stihl trimmer. When I bought the unit (trimmer), I didn't know/think of a blade on there so I got a bit larger unit BUT, has only the handle (round) and trigger handle. Once I put the blade on, I wished I had bought the bigger unit with the handlebars.

I think the handlbars would have to give you better control of the unit.

(that's just my thinking)

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #24  
I've also used a blade on my Stihl trimmer. When I bought the unit (trimmer), I didn't know/think of a blade on there so I got a bit larger unit BUT, has only the handle (round) and trigger handle. Once I put the blade on, I wished I had bought the bigger unit with the handlebars.

I think the handlbars would have to give you better control of the unit.

(that's just my thinking)
We have used both whacker style one's much. Today we only use the small D shaped ones. The wide ones don't offer much assistance and to wide to haul around.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #25  
The model I have comes with a harness rig and the engine / shaft clips the harness. That is a help - except when you have to stop and drag the cuttings out of the way. Then the harness rig is a hassle. If you someone drag / clear for you that makes all difference in the world on how hard it is and how much can get done. That is pretty much the same if chainsawing etc, but with stihl rig even more so

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #26  
Anyone else think it's not a weird trick just a weird thread title?

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #27  
I have a weedwacker with the wire strand shaft. I have cut down literally over a thousand maple saplings over the last couple years, mainly 1". Some up to 3", but had to approach on two sides. I used the circular blade with chainsaw teeth on it. Used a chainsaw file to clean/sharpen up teeth.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #28  
1688513168971.png
This is what I use on my Echo brushcutter. It has a harness and bicycle handlebars, and will cut up to 4" brush if you plan right. It also can be sharpened with a 7/32 chainsaw file.

you really can't get to swinging back and forth like you would with grass because the cut stems fall in the way of cutting the next round.
With practice you can use the spin of the blade to kick it out of the way.
Or right where you don't want it, depending on which part of the blade that you use.

/ Clear Thousands of Acres of Brush in No Time With This One Weird Trick #29  
This is best blackberry and vine blade I've ever used for those interested.
brush_blade.jpg