Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems

/ Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems #51  
Thanks, I was wondering if there were some way you could tell me how many feet above sea level this USGS -- Groundwater Watch area of this well might be so that maybe I could use that number and then use how many feet above sea level my property might be and then maybe I could have a guestimate as to how many feet below the surface I might have groundwater.

I hope that makes sense?

This rainbow springs well is quite a few miles from my property but I do not know any other reference to use to get an idea of groundwater levels for my property

Do you have a better idea?

Im also wondering if you have any idea of where I might find something that tell me how far the sand goes down, whats below that and then below that. Do charts like this exist?

I have contacted the local extension services but havent heard back from anyone about this.

USGS -- Groundwater Watch

Yes, the Rainbow Springs well is far enough away that it might not be applicable to drilling on your property, Jason.

Mark's idea of checking for a state database of drilled private wells seemed more promising. Here's the link that you need if you want to do more looking around:
http://www21.swfwmd.state.fl.us/maps/pages/viewer_wcp.html

Since I was in there anyway I saved the well completion logs from four wells surrounding your property. All within half a mile. The "Measured Static Water Level" ranges from 40 feet to 71 feet.

Chris

Attachments

• JasonWellLocations.png
    JasonWellLocations.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Well#4.png
    Well#4.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Well#3.png
    Well#3.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Well#2.png
    Well#2.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Well#1.png
    Well#1.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 75
   / Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems #52  
Yes, the Rainbow Springs well is far enough away that it might not be applicable to drilling on your property, Jason.

Mark's idea of checking for a state database of drilled private wells seemed more promising. Here's the link that you need if you want to do more looking around:

Since I was in there anyway I saved the well completion logs from four wells surrounding your property. All within half a mile. The "Measured Static Water Level" ranges from 40 feet to 71 feet.

Chris

That's exactly what I was talking about. Great research Chris!

/ Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems

Chris

Such a big help, I dont know how some of you guys are able to come up with this stuff. With this info I will visit the property owners and get an idea of water quality and any other information they would be willing to share.

I called again today to USGS and was transferred 5 times with very little help.

Thank you very much for your time

/ Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems #54  
Thank you very much for your time

You're welcome, Jason.

If you're going to visit your neighbours, I'll give you a bit more info. I was curious about the 10 well drilling permits that show up in the details for the well that I called "Well #4". They date from 1969 to 2006 and were issued to ten different contractors. Those folks might have a story worth listening to.

Chris

Well#4Details.png

You're welcome, Jason.

If you're going to visit your neighbours, I'll give you a bit more info. I was curious about the 10 well drilling permits that show up in the details for the well that I called "Well #4". They date from 1969 to 2006 and were issued to ten different contractors. Those folks might have a story worth listening to.

Chris

View attachment 623426

If there is a story I will report back with it. Thanks again, I will be leaving again tomm evening and will hopefully come back with some more info.

I have another topic started, its called Terragrinder, I may buy the kit to see if its doable, the DVD will supposedly be delivered tomm.

Yes its about 10 miles from my property

/ Clearing land for my building and yes more math problems #58  
Ok I see the difference