Comparison Compare Massey F. against 'big three'

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #41  
In my recent shopping experience I had my search narrowed down to either MF or NH as I thought that those two offered the best value for my needs in the tractors that I was looking at. I ultimately ended up with a NH and am pleased with my choice, but mostly it was because the NH dealer worked harder to earn my business and his pencil was just a little sharper. I wouldn't hesitate to own an MF, I think they make fine tractors. Also I always thought of MF as one of the big manufactuerers as well (CNH, JD and MF). Aroud here you see more IH than anything, but since CaseIH merged with NH you see a lot more NH's around too. I think it makes it easier that they merged because now I think you can reasonably refer to the big 3 as the big 3.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #42  
we have had masseys on our farm for many years from old to new tractors and we have had no problems with these tractors at all. i think you should consider in comparing the other makes of tractor. but from my experience of the build quality of MFs i will always be a Massey Man.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #43  
I have the Challenger version of the MF 1547 series (see signature). It's been really dependable, but I outgrew it (48hp).
I'm currently selling it and buying ~80 HP to replace it.

Iseki builds them for MF/AGCO/Challenger and they are built like a bull and simple to operate/maintain. Iseki seems to be a good subcontractor fo small tractors.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #44  
I have the Challenger version of the MF 1547 series (see signature). It's been really dependable, but I outgrew it (48hp).
I'm currently selling it and buying ~80 HP to replace it.

Iseki builds them for MF/AGCO/Challenger and they are built like a bull and simple to operate/maintain. Iseki seems to be a good subcontractor fo small tractors.

Are you staying with AGCO?? What model are you looking at? I am looking at a 1600 series with a cab. The 3600 series is nice, but may be too big wfor my needs.

dieselfreak

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #45  
I attended agricultural school for four years, we were taught to mount horses from the left side only,

If you ride any in the mountains - on narrow, narrow trails - you better be able to get on/get off on both sides. Or, better yet - slide off the back end, too! :D

AKfish

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #47  
MF is one of my three, but it's the smallest of the three. :D

I haven't had any problem with it, and I mount all from either side, with or without a step.