Comparison Compare Massey F. against 'big three'

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #21  
You may have to re-write your big 4.. CNH is now one company.. Case New Holland..

soundguy
Most people still have preferences as to which colour they prefer though and still treat them as different brands..?

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #22  
There are also some interesting differences between the two!

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #23  
Most people still have preferences as to which colour they prefer though and still treat them as different brands..?

different brands? about like gmc / chevy... or ford / lincoln / mercury, etc.. etc..

soundguy

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #24  
I know lots of people who own masseys but would not buy any other agco tractor..!

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #25  
You may have to re-write your big 4.. CNH is now one company.. Case New Holland..

soundguy

We are a Massy dealer, and we though that during the last part of 2009, the big three was going to become the big two. There was a lot of talk going around that AGCO, Massey Ferguson's parent company, was going to buy out CNH. We really thought this was going to happen, but the deal never was completed. Not sure why.

AGCO is a real powerhouse in the AG business. That would have put them owning everything other than Deer and Kubota. I'm just glad I'm on AGCO's team!!!!:D

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #26  
We are a Massy dealer, and we though that during the last part of 2009, the big three was going to become the big two. There was a lot of talk going around that AGCO, Massey Ferguson's parent company, was going to buy out CNH. We really thought this was going to happen, but the deal never was completed. Not sure why.

AGCO is a real powerhouse in the AG business. That would have put them owning everything other than Deer and Kubota. I'm just glad I'm on AGCO's team!!!!:D

Is this true?

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #27  
It would make sense to get their hands the axial flow combines and steigers..two points where agco are lacking.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #28  
In researching the different manufacturers, I've sometimes heard people call Massey Ferguson the 'cadillac' of tractors. But their prices and capabilities don't seem to be any different from Kubota, Deere, and NH.

Any general thoughts on how Massey stacks up against the others?

Where are they made?

Here's a nice looking one for sale-

Massey Ferguson 30 horse power 4x4 Tractor-Excellent!!!

JG
I owned a(1998) massy 1240 for about 10 years,never had any problems.The only reason for the sale all three dealers closed up there shops,no local support.Many calls to Massey ferg headquaters(agco)when they would have a local dealer they just blew me off as a customer.coobie

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #29  
I looked at MF quite seriously when considering a new purchase. Much bigger tractor than the comparably powered Kubota, and I was very impressed with the features offered. Outstanding engines too.
Ended up going with the Case, as offered better value than the MF, and was a similarly sized tractor, just better specced.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #30  
I wouldn't consider right hand step,adjustable arm rests or flasher guards important operational equipment, jmho. You always mount your tractor like a horse, left side only!