Comparison Compare Massey F. against 'big three'

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #31  
I wouldn't consider right hand step,adjustable arm rests or flasher guards important operational equipment, jmho. You always mount your tractor like a horse, left side only!

All our new Deeres have right hand doors. I wouldn't have them any other way!

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #32  
Is this true?

its been rumor for years. There has been some talk that Fiat may want to sell or spin off CNH since they purchased Chrysler. Personly I don't see how Agco could work the finances. CNH is a larger company. Agco has also been making a major consolidation of all their brands into just Agco and Massy. It does not make any sense to add Case/NH to that mix.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #33  
I wouldn't consider right hand step,adjustable arm rests or flasher guards important operational equipment, jmho. You always mount your tractor like a horse, left side only!

Not true. A savvy horseman climbs aboard from either side. ;)

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #34  
I attended agricultural school for four years, we were taught to mount horses from the left side only,

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three'
I mounted a horse from the right side once and it bit me.

I mounted my Cub Cadet GT2550 garden tractor from the right once, and it wouldn't start. I dismounted, lifted the hood, fiddled around, mounted left, turned the key, and low and behold.....

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #36  
I instructed tractor proficiency tests once and mounting from the right was a fail . Aside from most implements being right hand mounted many tractors don't even have a right hand door,Shifters,accellerator, hyd levers and any control boxes tend to be in the way and on the older tractors like fordsons there was a belt pulley dangerously situated there.
I liked one door cabs it gave some where to carry toolboxes down in the corner!

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #37  
I attended agricultural school for four years, we were taught to mount horses from the left side only,

with all due respect; savvy does not necessarily come from 4 yrs at ag school. I have spent years in the saddle.
Historically, mounting from the left became a necessity with the advent of wearing swords on the left hip, to suit the right handed swordsman. No sword, no need to get up from the left.
We all have a preference, and habit, however, there is no need to make it an always thing.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #38  
I always considered MF as one of the "big three" as well.

I've been very happy with my '06 MF 2310TLB. I've put a couple of hundred VERY ROUGH hours on it without any problems. Mostly doing some land clearing which can be pretty rough on a tractor of that size (small).

My tractor still runs like new and almost looks like new minus the orange turn signals which were mounted on external part of the ROPS. I knocked those off right away. :D

Based on the prices that I saw, JD felt as though they were the "Cadillac" of tractors as both JD dealers that I went to quoted me over $3000 more for the same size/equipped tractor as my MF or a Kubota.

I test drove them all and had it narrowed down to Kubota and MF which were within $100 of each other in price. I ultimately decided on the MF for several reasons but a couple of the biggest were that the MF had all metal body parts (Kubota had a lot of plastic) and the frame appeared heavier to me. I figured a tractor with a good "foundation" would last me a while.

However, my biggest complaint is that I had to drive about 45 miles to get to my nearest MF dealer and a few months after I bought mine, they went out of business after over 50 years in the business. :mad:

There are Kubota dealers all around me. It hasn't really been too much of an issue for me though because I generally buy a lot of stuff from the internet anyway, so I just get my MF stuff shipped to me also.

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #39  
with all due respect; savvy does not necessarily come from 4 yrs at ag school. I have spent years in the saddle.
Historically, mounting from the left became a necessity with the advent of wearing swords on the left hip, to suit the right handed swordsman. No sword, no need to get up from the left.
We all have a preference, and habit, however, there is no need to make it an always thing.

Lets call imus. :D

/ Compare Massey F. against 'big three' #40