Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S
I'm going to check tomorrow to see how much it will be from each of them to add a 3rd valve on the loader. I believe I will get a grapple in the future, so I might as well get it added now.

I might check to see how much the extra remotes would be on the Kubota to add as welll. I would like at least 2 to bring it up to spec with the others.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #22  
The 3rd function from Kubota was added in on my package for $500.00. This was quoted as "cost".
The various bucket function speeds is more than adequate and probably too fast at 12-1500rpms.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #23  
xxxsandman said:
I believe they all had 72" buckets, but I'm not 100% sure... The 17gpm pump output is out of the published specs from Mahindra. The steering pump is 5.2gpm. I read a debate about this over in the Mahindra forum. It seems some didn't believe it was that much, mainly due to the slower loader speed. I think they finally decided it was indeed close to that, but I'm not sure.
I believe most... if not all... 7520s w/ML275 loaders would come standard with 84" wide buckets. The 7520's main hydraulic flow of 17 GPM at 2,500 engine RPM has been verified by numerous dealer & owner tests. Some units did have suction side air leaks which affected pump performance until they were fixed. Steering flow does not reduce this 17 GPM value. Steering flow is provided by a completely separate pump section.

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #24  
Prices being the same there is no comparison in:
1. Quality - Kubota at or near the top
2. Reliabilty - Kubota at or near the top
3. Resale - Kubota at or near the top
4. Design - Kubota at or near the top

We have owned Ford (still have a 4100 - great machine) John Deere and 3 Kubotas (still have an M5400 and an M9540).

Traded in an M6800 on the M9540. After 3 years of hard use got within $3000 of what we paid for it new on trade-in. Never one problem with any of them. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
   / Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #25  
tydp said:
Prices being the same there is no comparison in:
1. Quality - Kubota at or near the top
2. Reliabilty - Kubota at or near the top
3. Resale - Kubota at or near the top
4. Design - Kubota at ot neat the top

We have owned Ford (still have a 4100 - great machine) John Deere and 3 Kubotas (still have an M5400 and an M9540).

Traded in an M6800 on the M9540. After 3 years of hard use got within $3000 of what we paid for it new on trade-in. Never one problem with any of them. Good luck with your choice.

I have a question, since Kubota is at or near the top. Who is it that Kubota is at or near the top with? Myself, I would be very happy to actually have my tractor next to any other brand and compare all aspects of the tractors. I doubt that any brand far exceeds my 7520. I'm not saying that something isn't better here or there, (fact, not opinion) but overall, no tractor is hands down (that is a far superior tractor). If that tractor does exist, I want to see it, and it is not a Kubota. ;)

I have to go to work.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #26  
MtnViewRanch said:
I doubt that any brand far exceeds my 7520. I'm not saying that something isn't better here or there, (fact, not opinion) but overall, no tractor is hands down (that is a far superior tractor). If that tractor does exist, I want to see it, and it is not a Kubota. ;)

I have to go to work.

That's your opinion and most other people have an opinion that differs than yours. This is a fact because of the percentage of people who buy Kubota, for example, as compared to the people who buy your brand of tractor. If any brand were far superior to Kubota, JD or CNH, had their level of customer support, and cost thousands less, that brand would be the most common and best selling brand in the country. If you want, you can say that perception is reality, and I'd agree with you. Saying that would say that it's only people's perception that other brands are superior to yours in build quality, reliability, and customer support; not reality. Whether that is true or not, I cannot answer. However, if the reality ends up not meeting the perception, things will change on their own over time.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #27  
MtnViewRanch said:
I have a question, since Kubota is at or near the top. Who is it that Kubota is at or near the top with?

Easy, the big 3 or 4 (Deere, Case/New Holland, Massey). It is my opinion that any of these are comparible, but you must be selective about where each is made (Deere has country of origin on each spec. page). For my money (prices being about equal) I would NEVER consider buying an unproven, third world product. Now if the price was a bunch cheaper (20% or so) I would certainly consider a Brand X.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #28  
Dargo said:
That's your opinion and most other people have an opinion that differs than yours. This is a fact because of the percentage of people who buy Kubota, for example, as compared to the people who buy your brand of tractor. If any brand were far superior to Kubota, JD or CNH, had their level of customer support, and cost thousands less, that brand would be the most common and best selling brand in the country. If you want, you can say that perception is reality, and I'd agree with you. Saying that would say that it's only people's perception that other brands are superior to yours in build quality, reliability, and customer support; not reality. Whether that is true or not, I cannot answer. However, if the reality ends up not meeting the perception, things will change on their own over time.
In defense of Brian (who really doesn't need any defending!), I think his point back to tydp's post was really quite simple: Kubota is not the automatic answer for everyone. If it was, there would be an awful lot of tractor dealers and tractor manufacturers out of business right now! :)

Kubota apparently offers those that can afford to buy them a very slick, reliable and well-marketed product. The dealerships around here I describe as Yuppie Palaces. I have to shower off and change my clothes before I'm even allowed in. But unless I won the lottery and/or was buying a tractor with the intention of a very short ownership experience (think:resale), I would definitely look... and probably buy... elsewhere.

The fact is that folks here are comparing tractors that are miles apart in physical size and capability. They may cost near the same, but the comparison is almost silly. For the same money: Kubota offers the highest quality and reliability. Mahindra offers the highest weight, size and power. To me, it's pretty much as simple as that. :)

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #29  
Dougster said:
Mahindra offers the highest weight, size and power. To me, it's pretty much as simple as that. :)

Dougster

If you read my original post here, I recommended the Mahindra if size and weight were most important. I've stated many times that I like Mahindra and would have bought one if Mahindra didn't pull the franchise from a guy I know and trust. It turned out that his Mahindra store (not his house) was 48 miles from another Mahindra dealer (who stocked about 3 tractors) who had a 50 mile radius exclusive. :mad: For pure brute strength, decent build quality fit, finish and price, Mahindra is a good buy.

P.S. Did you take my round tuit?! If your Kubota store won't let you in until you change, you musta taken my round tuit! ;)

I say that because it's a running joke around here about how I'm dressed when I'm in a tractor dealership. I've actually had some dealerships pretty well ignore me and refuse to wait on me. I don't buy from those places and other dealers take my cash just fine. I've never financed a tractor. And, believe it or not, I paid cash money for that claw hammer!! :)

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #30  
Dargo said:
Did you take my round tuit?! If your Kubota store won't let you in until you change, you musta taken my round tuit! ;) I say that because it's a running joke around here about how I'm dressed when I'm in a tractor dealership. I've actually had some dealerships pretty well ignore me and refuse to wait on me. I don't buy from those places and other dealers take my cash just fine. I've never financed a tractor. And, believe it or not, I paid cash money for that claw hammer!! :)
Didn't take nuthin'! :) The big joke around here is that the Kubota dealers all know me and that I'd never be able to afford a Kubota... so why let me take up a valuable parking space and breathing air inside their fancy Yuppie Palaces!

In short, I need to disguise myself as a rich person willing to trade actual tractor capability for the color orange, a status symbol and a promise of higher resale value. Once I get past the guard and the sales staff, I am free and clear to get what I came for... usually a little grease, oil or more of them dang lynch pins I keep losing! :D

Dougster