Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar?

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #41  
OK fellas; I didn't say I didn't want the new 790. I would have loved to buy new but it just wasn't in the cards. I am not mechanically incline to say the least, But I am wise enough to seek people who are, pay them and come out money ahead. A very close friend of mine (sorta a second father to me) died 2 years ago just after I bought my tractor. He was a life long mechanic and loved to tinker with tractors and such. If I had a project I would mention it to him, he would say let me think on it a few minutes. The next thing I knew we would be in the middle of it. I always watched and learned from him. If I had not been such a fool when I was a kid I could have learned a lot from my dad. He was a farmer/carpenter with a 72 acre farm,52 acres in fields. All he had was a hard headed mule and self determination but he managed. I am thankful that my dad taught me early that work wouldn't kill you. I guess thats why I didn't pay close enought attention when I was working with him. It was work not fun. I wish he was alive today so I could tell him how sorry I am and that I was the fool not him. But I sure he knows that and has already forgiven me. My pawpaw always said things happen for a reason. Some day I may own a new tractor, but until then I will enjoy the one I have. thanks

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #42  
Gary, don't ever take what's written here (or any internet forum) too seriously. I sure don't...and I met my wife on an internet forum (learned about forums the hard way, didn't I?)

You got the tractor that works for you and you're happy...enuff said!

BTW, both my tractors were used machines. I rarely buy anything new (except electronics)

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #43  
I had an 870 for 6 yrs and loved it, a bit bigger than the 790 but smaller than the 990. Six trouble free years, started in any kind of weather, used it for mowing and loader work and was perfect except for that darn hump in the middle that I had to straddle. I would mow "side saddle" and I really started to think about how unsafe it was to sit that way so I sold the JD on ebay. There are times yet that I wished I still had it because it just sipped diesel fuel and was so darn reliable.

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #44  
RoyJackson said:
Gary, don't ever take what's written here (or any internet forum) too seriously. I sure don't...and I met my wife on an internet forum (learned about forums the hard way, didn't I?)

You got the tractor that works for you and you're happy...enuff said!

BTW, both my tractors were used machines. I rarely buy anything new (except electronics)

And of course food!:rolleyes:

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #45  
Hi fellas; Roy I didn't take it to heart. I enjoy your responses and the responses they generate. I'm new at this and am still picking up pointers. Like the old saying "if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch". Well one things for sure, if you stay on the porch you ain't having no fun. Give me 3,000 post and a few years of trial and error and I'll be okay. I did something yesterday that you'll probally get a chuckle out of. My wife has been after me to plant some pumpkins for the kids to make jack-o-latterns with. Well luck would have it that I ran out of daylight before I planted the seeds.(The reason for that is another story for another day. Anyway Here I am out in the pumpkin patch at 9:30 at night planting pumpkins. Later last night my wife called, said she'd been trying to reach me, wondered if there was something wrong. I told her I had been out in the pumpkin patch planting jack-o-lattern seed. Of course you know what her next question was........."IN THE DARK?".....I thought about you and your motto, so I said Honey if you don't plant them at night they will grow up thinking they are pumpkins!!!!!!!!!!catch yall later

/ Confused..3203 vs 3320 vs 790 why similar? #46  
Hi fellas; Roy I didn't take it to heart. I enjoy your responses and the responses they generate. I'm new at this and am still picking up pointers. Like the old saying "if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch". Well one things for sure, if you stay on the porch you ain't having no fun. Give me 3,000 post and a few years of trial and error and I'll be okay. I did something yesterday that you'll probally get a chuckle out of. My wife has been after me to plant some pumpkins for the kids to make jack-o-latterns with. Well luck would have it that I ran out of daylight before I planted the seeds.(The reason for that is another story for another day. Anyway Here I am out in the pumpkin patch at 9:30 at night planting pumpkins. Later last night my wife called, said she'd been trying to reach me, wondered if there was something wrong. I told her I had been out in the pumpkin patch planting jack-o-lattern seed. Of course you know what her next question was........."IN THE DARK?".....I thought about you and your motto, so I said Honey if you don't plant them at night they will grow up thinking they are pumpkins!!!!!!!!!!catch yall later