connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #21  
If I were looking at a tractor and learned that leaving the seat would kill the engine, I'd change brands. My fwd/rev pedals stop working when I leave the seat, but the tractor keeps running, unless I have a PTO running.

As far as my experience goes, I'm pretty sure this has always been standard for Deere. I know my 1986 Deere 855 and my 2019 Deere 3033R both work this way, and I think even my 1984 Deere 750 (1970's design) worked this way. The older machines had a mechanical lock-out on the pedals, only deactivated by putting your but on the seat, whereas the new machine is all electronic / pedal by wire. None would shut off when I stood while driving, they'd just stop going forward.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #22  
None would shut off when I stood while driving, they'd just stop going forward.
With my L3800 I can leave the seat and it'll still go forwards or backwards...as long as I don't push the pedal much past "just a little".

Have used that many, many times hooking up 3-point stuff and pushing the pedal by hand while keeping an eye on the pins while standing next to the tractor.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #23  
With my L3800 I can leave the seat and it'll still go forwards or backwards...as long as I don't push the pedal much past "just a little".
My Deere 855 was that way, not by design, but thanks to wear in the linkage accumulated over 30 years of use. Definitely handy, in some situations. :D

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #24  
Thankfully, this one has been that way since new. It's a '13.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #26  
I cheat! Both my FEL attachments (4-in-1 & forks) are on pallets in a concrete-floored shed, and the pallet-jack makes it easy to pick them up and manoeuvre them into the exact spot. The attachment is the Euro hitch. Same goes for equipment for the rear lift arms, except for the 6' slasher which is too big/heavy to fit on a pallet. But for all the other rear-mounted implements (air-blast sprayer, boom sprayer, grader blade, tiller, ripper), having an externally mounted lifting lever makes it a breeze to lift the arms into place once the implement is in position.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #27  
I cheat! Both my FEL attachments (4-in-1 & forks) are on pallets in a concrete-floored shed, and the pallet-jack makes it easy to pick them up and manoeuvre them into the exact spot. The attachment is the Euro hitch. Same goes for equipment for the rear lift arms, except for the 6' slasher which is too big/heavy to fit on a pallet. But for all the other rear-mounted implements (air-blast sprayer, boom sprayer, grader blade, tiller, ripper), having an externally mounted lifting lever makes it a breeze to lift the arms into place once the implement is in position.
The pallet jack is a good idea.

I do something similar by putting casters on the pallets. I just roll the implement up to the FEL.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #28  
I have magnetic, wireless cameras. Attach one to the brush guard on the tractor and I can see everything.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #29  
I do the same.

I made a set of wireless magnetic mount cameras powered by cordless tool batteries.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #30  
The pallet jack is a good idea.
I guess it's a good idea to make up for a bad tractor or implement design. But I'd be totally pissed if I had to get off my tractor and maneuver each implement to the tractor, due solely to visibility or ergonomics problems, rather than just driving the tractor up to the implement and picking. What a joke!

If you're shuttling your implements around for other reasons, more efficient storage etc., that's a different story. But a key design feature of QA is to allow you to drop one implement and pick the next, without having to muscle the stupid implement around on the ground.

Anyone remember the MIB test scene? :ROFLMAO: Skip to 2:00 and watch 30 seconds, if you're impatient.