connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #31  
I guess it's a good idea to make up for a bad tractor or implement design. But I'd be totally pissed if I had to get off my tractor and maneuver each implement to the tractor, due solely to visibility or ergonomics problems, rather than just driving the tractor up to the implement and picking. What a joke!

If you're shuttling your implements around for other reasons, more efficient storage etc., that's a different story. But a key design feature of QA is to allow you to drop one implement and pick the next, without having to muscle the stupid implement around on the ground.

Anyone remember the MIB test scene? :ROFLMAO: Skip to 2:00 and watch 30 seconds, if you're impatient.

I'd love to be able to drive up to an implement and just pick it up. Unfortunately, I keep all my implements in the barn and don't have the space. Sure, I could leave them all out in the field but I find I can extend the life of an implement by keeping it indoors.

IMO, it's a small price to pay to have to get on and off the tractor. Each to his own though. YMMV.

Last edited:
   / connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #33  
If your made of money and feel the need and mess around day or night (not for THIS, no need and don't)

Attachments

• 20240110_150332.jpg
    20240110_150332.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
   / connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #34  
I am another user of backup camera on a magnetic mount. Easy to switch to what I need to do.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #35  
If I were looking at a tractor and learned that leaving the seat would kill the engine, I'd change brands. My fwd/rev pedals stop working when I leave the seat, but the tractor keeps running, unless I have a PTO running.

As far as my experience goes, I'm pretty sure this has always been standard for Deere. I know my 1986 Deere 855 and my 2019 Deere 3033R both work this way, and I think even my 1984 Deere 750 (1970's design) worked this way. The older machines had a mechanical lock-out on the pedals, only deactivated by putting your but on the seat, whereas the new machine is all electronic / pedal by wire. None would shut off when I stood while driving, they'd just stop going forward.
Leaving the seat won't kill it on mine. Leaving the seat while moving the HST Go pedal however will kill it. I leave it running and get on and off frequently, but if you touch the Go Pedal it will start to kill. Release it quickly and it will stay running. So if I am trying to drive forward to line up an attachment and stand up while moving forward, that is a problem. So I just take my foot off the pedal, stand up and look, sit back down and adjust. Easy and intuitive, much more so than describing it...

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #36  
Leaving the seat won't kill it on mine. Leaving the seat while moving the HST Go pedal however will kill it. I leave it running and get on and off frequently, but if you touch the Go Pedal it will start to kill. Release it quickly and it will stay running. So if I am trying to drive forward to line up an attachment and stand up while moving forward, that is a problem. So I just take my foot off the pedal, stand up and look, sit back down and adjust. Easy and intuitive, much more so than describing it...
yeah, but that was what I meant. Why should the tractor kill the engine if you leave the seat while pressing the pedal? Makes no sense, and seems like it'd be a major point of frustration. Deere standard is to just return to neutral, not kill the engine. The only time a Deere will kill the engine is when you leave the seat with PTO running, so you don't run over yourself with a brush hog or mower.

Going forward without PTO running on my tractor, if my but leaves the seat, the machine just stops going forward and displays "operator out of seat" on the dash. No engine kill.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #37  
Beats me. There is probably a safety standard and a couple ways to meet it, and this is the one Kubota chose. 🤷‍♂️ First time is a surprise but after that you can manage just fine. That is a safety I don't feel like I want to disable. Now the reverse PTO-kill on my mower I disabled right away as that just seems to make things worse, not safer. I feel like some of these are a good idea and others not so much....

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #38  
Hmm. The L3800 allows me to get off the seat with the mower still running. No questions asked. If I do it with the M6040 it beeps for maybe 10 seconds. That's it.

Should the mower stop running when in Reverse I'd be miffed. Then fix it.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #39  
The MX allows the operator to stand and run the tractor once the seat nanny is disabled.
I have gotten off with the PTO running, no change. I have even set the cruise control real slow and gotten off to pich rocks in the bucket.

/ connecting front loader with quick hitch when you cannot see the equipment #40  
Disabling that seat nanny should be simple....
I just got pallet forks for my loader, and I’m finding it’s absolutely impossible to see the ends of the forks without either a camera or standing. I tried the mirror thing, but there’s just no arrangement of mirrors that will give the visibility I need.

I’m thinking that disabling the seat switch entirely is probably not the best idea, it’s there for those rare but legitimate situations where an operator is bounce or swept off the seat. I’m thinking a temporary bypass is easy and more appropriate, call it an “alternate operator presence button”, if you will.

I’m thinking a simple momentary contact button switch on the loader control lever, which bypasses the seat switch when pressed. When I need to stand to see the forks, bucket, or JDQA pins, I usually have one hand on the wheel and one hand on loader control lever, anyway.

Thoughts? Anyone here already doing this?