Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #11  
That's a nice looking L3430, at least as far as you can tell from looking at some photos. Give it a close in-person inspection and a good test run, of course, but if it checks out, you might want to do some haggling. If you can get into it for only $7k out of pocket, that's a pretty good deal, I think. Particularly if you factor in what new tires and rims for your current tractor will set you back.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #12  
Filling in some info that was left out. My 3010 has 2,380 hours and is in decent shape. Has no flood lights and is missing a brake light.

The 3430 has 747 hours and looks almost like new. Here is the listing: Kubota L343HSTC

I own the 3010 outright. I traded a camper I had bought for 15k cash (well under book value) for the tractor, new rototiller, york rake, brush hog, new box blade, and pallet forks for the FEL. If I did make the step up i'd pay the difference in cash.

I have 11 acres and 1/4 mile driveway up and down steep terrain. Use the tractor for maintaining the road, snowblowing (meteor rear mount 68"), and general property maintenance along with helping friends and neighbors with projects.

Due to the terrain (drop offs on sides of the driveway and changes of slope) the HST is highly appealing over the GST.

I'm not **** bent on getting a newer tractor, but if being able to get into a lower mileage machine with better performance and features for around $7k out of pocket instead of dumping money into a tractor with over 2k hours it does make some sense.

Ok, $7,000 For a much newer tractor, yes it does.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense
That's a nice looking L3430, at least as far as you can tell from looking at some photos. Give it a close in-person inspection and a good test run, of course, but if it checks out, you might want to do some haggling. If you can get into it for only $7k out of pocket, that's a pretty good deal, I think. Particularly if you factor in what new tires and rims for your current tractor will set you back.

I'm going to stop by today and give it an in person inspection. Also going to see what their offer for trading in my 3010 would be.

Ok, $7,000 For a much newer tractor, yes it does.

The difference would be about 10k I think, but then taking out the $3k i'd be putting in to put wheels and tires on the older rig leaves me at around $7k

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #15  
Probably worth 10 grand for that trade. 2300 hours is getting a bit long in the tooth for most machines. Yes, it should be good for 4000 hours or more, but do you want to deal with the issues of an older tractor? Not sure your age, but it sometimes makes sense to trade maintenance and comfort for money.

Probably worth 10 grand for that trade. 2300 hours is getting a bit long in the tooth for most machines. Yes, it should be good for 4000 hours or more, but do you want to deal with the issues of an older tractor? Not sure your age, but it sometimes makes sense to trade maintenance and comfort for money.

Stopped by and inspected/test drove the 3430. Clean tractor.

Taking mine down Monday morning so they can give me a dollar figure for trade in

Just got an email back from the dealer. They are offering $7,500 for my 2001 L3010 with 2,400 hours and $700 off the 2005 L3430.

That seems ridiculously low to me

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #18  
You will probably sell your L3010 in one day on craigslist for $10k. You will have people fighting for it. Put the ad up on Friday evening and it will be gone by Saturday evening. 7500 is a silly number. Then, offer them 22 cash for the 3430.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #19  
They are low balling you big time with your tractor.

You will probably sell your L3010 in one day on craigslist for $10k. You will have people fighting for it. Put the ad up on Friday evening and it will be gone by Saturday evening. 7500 is a silly number. Then, offer them 22 cash for the 3430.

Would probably list it higher, with $10k being my bottom dollar. Start at a $12k list.

They are low balling you big time with your tractor.

Yeah. I had to laugh. I emailed them back and said we are not anywhere near the same ballpark.