Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #21  
They are low balling you big time with your tractor.
Ever trade in your car? Why do you think they are called "dealers"?

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense
Only other listing in my area that is somewhat comparable to my 3010.

1998 L2900 with 1,550 hours, heated cab and FEL listed for $11,500: kubota L29 4x4 tractor

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #23  
   / Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #24  
Probably worth 10 grand for that trade. 2300 hours is getting a bit long in the tooth for most machines. Yes, it should be good for 4000 hours or more, but do you want to deal with the issues of an older tractor? Not sure your age, but it sometimes makes sense to trade maintenance and comfort for money.
2300 hours is not "long in the tooth" especially of you have maintained it well. Compare it to operating a diesel truck for 2,300 at MAYBE an average 40 mph.

And based on a work week of 40 hours that would be only 1 years usage.

There's another recent thread on here about how many hours.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #25  
2300 hours is not "long in the tooth" especially of you have maintained it well. Compare it to operating a diesel truck for 2,300 at MAYBE an average 40 mph.

And based on a work week of 40 hours that would be only 1 years usage.

There's another recent thread on here about how many hours.

I hear you, but my point is this:

I don't mind owning a tractor with 2500 hours as long as it was ME that put the last 1500 hours on her. Maybe it's a beauty queen with impeccable maintenance at 2300 hours, but most aren't. A 2300 hour tractor will be hard to sell for more than 10 grand. PLUS, this model has a mechanical hour meter so the actual engine run hours are likely 3,000 hours or more, depending upon usage. You and I know that his machine should have half it's life left. We also know that it may need a clutch, all new hydraulic hoses, new tires, bucket cutting edge replaced, etc - either now or sometime in the next 5 years. I stand by my guesstimate of 10 grand even considering pricing difference between my local area and the Northeast. I certainly hope that the OP sells it for top dollar.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #26  
If that was their first offer, you should counter it. If they won't move any, then see if your tractor has any interest on CL for what you think it is worth. Around here, no one wants to pay the asking price, so if your area is the same, factor that into your CL asking price.

I think my wife would be pushing me to get the cab tractor if it was local to us. We have L3130 and just under 700 hours. It is inside most of the time so still looks pretty new. Best wishes on the deal you want.

My tractor has the SSQA on the FEL, I would not own a tractor without one... so that one shown would be a deal breaker for me, unless they added it. I use the forks all the time and plan a spade attachment for the future.

Darn thing followed me home today :D

41Y7Vrq.jpg

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #28  
Good call. Enjoy the comfort of the cab.

/ Considering upgrading tractor, need input on price and if it makes sense #29  
Congrats!!! I looked at the Craig's Listing and it said "This posting has been deleted by its author." Glad you got it ;)

Good call. Enjoy the comfort of the cab.

Already did. Today was the first hot day after a lot of rain. Humid as ****. In my old tractor the cab was an oven during the spring/summer/fall. Got in this one to drive it to the trailer and was nice and chilly.