Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!!

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #31  
Sounds good, I have not seen one of those yet, thanks for the info!

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #32  
I priced insulated double wall from Lowes but I found I could get the same pipe from Menards and have it shipped home for 2/3s the price. So I did.

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #33  
("Everything is a rip off today. now companies have 39 bosses and 5 workers")<<<<<<< Yes and those bosses are getting the $20,000.00+yr. bonuses and there main job is sticking their cell phone in your face 2 minutes before the break whistle, saying it's not break time yet, and I end getting the $200.00/yr bonuses, maybe.

I dont know if I'll get to put a chimney in my shop this year or not, I might just go with 18' of 6" single wall SS pipe. I'd like to go with double wall but $250.00+ for a 4ft. section and $200.00/pc. for two T connectors, that's way above my pay grade for just using a wood stove on weekends, Nov---March. Seems to me if the 6" pipe is 16" away from wood going through the wall, there should be very little fire danger.

Right now my main source of heat is the Pro Temp kerosene heater, ok but wood is quieter.

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #34  
I'll use standard steel piping for my shop heater when i redo it. At our weekend booze house (when we were younger) we just stuffed the wall through-hole with rockwool. (not glasswool which can melt)

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #35  
I'll use standard steel piping for my shop heater when i redo it. At our weekend booze house (when we were younger) we just stuffed the wall through-hole with rockwool. (not glasswool which can melt)

What is rockwool?

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #36  
What is rockwool?

It's made out of rock minerals. They draw fibers out of the molten rock, Also called mineral wool or stone wool but Rockwool is actually a trade name sort of like everyone calling hot sauce "Tabasco sauce" no matter who makes it.

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #37  
Wool made from rocks, that's a new one on me.

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #38  
It's made out of rock minerals. They draw fibers out of the molten rock, Also called mineral wool or stone wool but Rockwool is actually a trade name sort of like everyone calling hot sauce "Tabasco sauce" no matter who makes it.
Are you talking about the yellowish stuff?? If so then we call it in our company mineral wall. Use it for commercial kitchen hoods (thingies that go over the fryers and stoves that capture smoke) for our duct work if we are closer to wood then code allows. Make a 22ga box and put it in the inside. Saves us from spending up to thousands in a different insulation

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #39  
As I recall, it was that expensive way back in the 70s when we put ours in.

Ralph

/ Cost of chimney pipe...holy s***!!! #40  
When I sell customers a new furnace I tend to sell them the high efficient models. Main reason being the flue pipe can be pvc instead of metal b vent. Don't have to buy much of the b vent to cost more than the upgraded furnace.