Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four?

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #11  
coyboydoc has posted a few times indicating that the Yanmar & JD agreements are coming to an end. Currently JD shows their smaller tractors as being made in Japan (on the JD website, nation of origin is listed as Japan, engine as Yanmar). There have been several other postings about the end to the relationship between the two companies for the tractors marketed here in the US.

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #12  
Could it just be a coincidence that JD is going to quit using Yanmar engines and has just entered into an agreement with a Chinese tractor manufacturer ? hmmmmm

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #13  
Bob
I thought I had heard that JD bought or built a “small diesel” engine plant in Mexico and that is where the engines for many of their CUT's will be coming from.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #14  
<font color="green"> Could it just be a coincidence that JD is going to quit using Yanmar engines and has just entered into an agreement with a Chinese tractor manufacturer ? hmmmmm </font>

I would say that is very unlikely. Currently JD has business partners all over the globe. Each builds tractors for specific regions. They have a Korean partner who builds machines for the pacific rim nations, they have a Chinese partner because they wanted to enter the Chinese market and that is a very cost effective way to enter a market.

The contracts between JD & Yanmar have been in place for years, and there have been talks for quite some time that as they expired they would not be renewed. I'm not a JD guy, but I do follow some business news and there have been postings here on TBN and in some business publications talking about JD and its desires to expand into other markets. JD is a power house here in the states, but as close a just 10 years ago, the brand was unknown in many parts of the world. JD has been actively working to change its business model and has aggressively pushed into South America and Asia by forging alliances with new partners. Their main focus is on the real agricultural tractors and equipment. CUTS are really a niche product for many of the manufacturers, here in the US, the CUT market is really exploding, but I seriously question the long planned parting from Yanmar building their tractors would be based on a newly inked agreement with a different manufacturer. By the way, I believe they may continue to use Yanmar engines for several more years, I am under the impression that more and more of the tractors will be actually built here in the states, Yanmar engines may still power many of the smaller machines. Axels may come from Russia or Korea or South America . . . transmissions may come from somewhere in Europe . . . etc.

<font color="green"> Bob
I thought I had heard that JD bought or built a “small diesel” engine plant in Mexico and that is where the engines for many of their CUT's will be coming from. </font>

That may be true for some engines, but again, I beleive there are several years left on some of the Yanmar contracts for some specific things.

There is no question that JD is moving aggressively to an international business model. All their company data shows that, and it will make them a stronger competitor in the future, with a better cost model as well.

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #15  
Bob,
Jd might be looking forward. I remember when anything Japanese built was considered junk. My how that perception changed /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I expect the perceptions of Chinese built stuff will go the same way.
Yes JD is a global player and they will play the game to their monetary advantage as all businesses will. They might use Mexican engines for a while and then go to Chinese engines after the perceptions change. Time will tell....

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #16  
slow, I don't disagree that JD is looking forward, but I was trying to specifically respond to your earlier post, and for that, I don't think that JD is terminating agreements with Yanmar simply because they signed an agreement with a chinese company. That "cause & effect" simply is not something I consider likely. Now, to your next point that they are possibly looking forward and may eventually change to a chinese company to produce their engines, yea, that is very possible, as are several other scenarios.

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #17  
Yes Bob,
I guess I just did not make my first post clear enough. It takes time. I remember the furor among farmers around here when Kubotas were first sold here and JD started rebadging Yanmars. How things change /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We often have to look backwards to better guess/estimate which way things will go forward.

Reminds me of why we keep finiancial anylysts around, to make weather forcasters look good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #18  
Slowrev, I do remember standing in a field several years ago talking to another guy, while we were comparing our CUT's and chatting in general. Mine was a JD 1070 and his was a NH1920. He looked across at one of our neighbors and said "can you believe that that traitor bought a Japanese made Kubota?! At least we bought American made stuff!" /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( why we keep finiancial anylysts around, to make weather forcasters look good )</font>

Considering how bad the weather forecasters here in florida have been doing.. I think that may flip-flop.

Soundguy

/ Could Yanmar Make It The Big Four? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Slowrev, I do remember standing in a field several years ago talking to another guy, while we were comparing our CUT's and chatting in general. Mine was a JD 1070 and his was a NH1920. He looked across at one of our neighbors and said "can you believe that that traitor bought a Japanese made Kubota?! At least we bought American made stuff!" )</font>

Just like some unscrupuless people will tell you that you can go to JD to get parts for your grey market yanmar...
( sure.. if the part is in common with an american model... )

Guess that other farmer doesn't read engine tags.. Then their are the ones that can't tell the difference between chineese / japaneese..

Soundguy