CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #22  
I did not see that one. Thanks for linking. Sadly, that thread has no
pix of the broken castings.

yeah, and no real answer yet either

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #23  
Been there done that!
Never have I had a problem with Woods fixing any brand tractor that their product was hung on.
You will find Woods to be one of the best in the industry, to stand behind their backhoes.

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #24  
Can anyone tell me what is a mainframe for a backhoe ? And what are the rear remotes ? My ct 230 has some hydraulic ports on the back all ready is this what they are talking about ? I also would like to get a backhoe on mine

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #25  
Can anyone tell me what is a mainframe for a backhoe ? And what are the rear remotes ? My ct 230 has some hydraulic ports on the back all ready is this what they are talking about ? I also would like to get a backhoe on mine

I believe you are talking aboout what is usually called a subframe. That is the steel structure that simply carries and keeps the individual backhoe modules in place. With the backhoe you are about to get, the boom and dipper is held in place next to the control station and the tractor is backed over the subframe and essentially clipped to the tractor and held bound by two pins.

It sounds to me you indeed have a rear remote for the hydraulics essential to the backhoe.

rim

Last edited:
   / CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #26  
Stevestud99,
If you have 2 hydraulic couplers in the rear and 1 handle with a yellow vinyl sleeve over it next to the seat (right hand side), you have a single remote valve. This is the remote used for the backhoe. If you have 4 hydraulic couplers and 2 handles nest to the seat you have a dual (2 remote valves), the extra set is a plus but not used for backhoe. Backhoe hose go 2 couplers located to the left when looking at them from behind the tractor. You may or may not have a detent installed for this remote valve, depends on when it was installed. At first, the single remote (primary) remote came with a detent for backhoe operation, but due to people accidentally engaging the lever without anything connected at the couplers and causing gear pump failures Bobcat took the detent out and offered it as an add on. So to check to see if the remote valve is has a detent, to hold it in on position, start tractor at an idle then push the lever closest to the seat. If it has detent the lever will lock in place and you will hear the engine RPM drop, it the lever springs back to neutral you will need to add the detent about a $20 add on.
The sub-frame will come with the correct brackets that bolt to the tractor.

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #27  
Thanks for information