CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE
Yes, I did check out Rossell's and they do have a good price. I will likely have it shipped from them to me here in NC. I will probably go ahead and get the hyd thumb. I need to order the dual valve kit for my rear hydraulics and install that first. Say, how difficult is it to remove/reinstall the hoe? I'd likely not use it too much and would like to park it under my shed when I don't need it. Thanks

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #12  
In my experience, one person can hook it up but it is difficult. From the tractor seat, you really can't see where the hoe hooks to the tractor and it is also not easy to align everything up. By myself, it has taken me 20 min. With someone to drive the tractor while I guide them, I can do it in about 10 min.

Once you get it close, you can move it around a little by the controls on the hoe to finish lining it up the rest of the way. My barn where I store the hoe does not have the best light either so it may help if I could see better.

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #13  
I'm not sure if Bobcat uses the Kioti backhoe but that's a good hoe. Just looking it over they have a good hydraulic system and are real handy. They are real beefy with thick steel plate and an arched boom. I have dug more than 50 stumps with that CK-20 of mine in the 800 + hours on my Kioti.

Just check out his web site for all the custom fabricated traactor attachments for stuff like backhoe thumbs and snow removal equipment. Several members on the Kioti forum have ordered attachments or custom built accessories from them and he ships all over N. America:

Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

as far as lining up my Kioti Backhoe for removal or reinstall, I have a little secret so it does not take but 10 minutes. The first year I dropped it off in 10 minutes but took probably 30 trying to line the tractor up of reinstall in the Spring. Next year I got three furniture dollies (HD) at Home Depot and ran the outriggers on top of a furniture dolley and dropped the bucket on top of a third dolly. Now I can be off by a mile when I back up to reload the hoe in the Spring because I can roll that 1500-2000 lbs anywhere I want. Of course this application needs a concrete floor to work out.

rimshot

Attachments

• backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 263
  • HPIM5290.JPG
    HPIM5290.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 282
  • backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 260
  • backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 230
   / CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #14  
You need a concrete floor and you need the bucket hydraulics to not leak down so the under mount is not sticking up in the air. If the mount lifts up you cannot get the tractor close enough to hook up the hydraulic hoses. I fixed that by getting 4 ft extension hoses- long enough to hook up the tractor hydraulics before you have to back over the under mount. Then you can hook it up single handed in 10 minutes or less.

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #15  
You need a concrete floor and you need the bucket hydraulics to not leak down so the under mount is not sticking up in the air. If the mount lifts up you cannot get the tractor close enough to hook up the hydraulic hoses. I fixed that by getting 4 ft extension hoses- long enough to hook up the tractor hydraulics before you have to back over the under mount. Then you can hook it up single handed in 10 minutes or less.
]

===================

That happened to me last year. I just took a 2 x4 or bar and got some leverage to teeter the bucket and slip some wood blocks beneath adjust the frame to level. I also ran a chain from the base of the boom to the hinge plate on the bucket and that keeps the boom and dipper from spreading. It was no big deal. It works well for me and it's nice sometimes to move that thing around in case I want to get at something behind the backhoe. The pictures were a couple of years old.

I also learned to keep the outriggers more in the up position so it does not take up as much reale state by shimming the flat part on the hinge. This operation comtinues to evolve.
rimshot

Last edited:
   / CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #16  
I find the Woods BH80X to be pretty excellent with rocks. Just my opinion

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE
Looks like the BH80X is the way to go, price-wise and performance-wise IMO. Will let you know and post pic when it is ready. Thanks to all for the advice.

/ CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #19  
   / CT235 backhoe purchase PLEASE ADVISE #20