Dealer is really poor sport!

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #101  
Best approach is to let it roll off your back, ignore the slight insult, and go back to the dealer and look around for attachments every now and then. The people at the dealership will recognize you as a professional person who doesn't take things personally - and they will even be willing to take your money should you ever find something with good value/cost combination! This is strictly business.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #102  
Best approach is to let it roll off your back, ignore the slight insult, and go back to the dealer and look around for attachments every now and then. The people at the dealership will recognize you as a professional person who doesn't take things personally - and they will even be willing to take your money should you ever find something with good value/cost combination! This is strictly business.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #103  
You'd be surprised at the amount of dealers around here like this. There is a Simplicty / Toro dealer near me that I visted once, never again. At the time I was custom mating a 48" MTD snowthrower to my 13HP Toro tractor. I needed a custom length belt to drive it from the crankshaft.

When I explained what I was doing to the parts woman, she looked at me and said "that's like trying to put a Ford engine in a Chevy truck"....um...OK...I didn't ask what you thought, I simply was looking for a certain size belt. Meanwhile this angry looking older woman just stood behind her looking at me. Needless to say I never went back, and warn others about the place.

I found another Toro only dealer a few miles down the road from there and it's a 180 differance in treatment. I told him what I was doing and he was thought it was pretty cool. He gave me a few size belts and told me to bring back what I didn't need, without even charging me first.

He's let me rummage through his scrap pile to find misc pulleys I needed at no charge. THAT is the kind of place that gets my business. I buy all my parts from him and go in with a smile because they are great guys to BS with and understand where you are coming from. His prices are fair and I don't question them because of the service I get there. Funny thing is when I told him about my exp at the other place, it was old news to him. He told me he's had people bring Simplicity tractors they bought there to him for maintenance, because of the poor service they get from the Simp dealer.

When I called to get quotes on a BX24, the first dealer was kind of short and didn't really want to talk much. The second dealer was cheaper and spent a good 5 minutes on the phone with me. Even if the second had been more expensive I would have gone back to him for more info, basic skills in interacting with people go a long long way with me.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #104  
You'd be surprised at the amount of dealers around here like this. There is a Simplicty / Toro dealer near me that I visted once, never again. At the time I was custom mating a 48" MTD snowthrower to my 13HP Toro tractor. I needed a custom length belt to drive it from the crankshaft.

When I explained what I was doing to the parts woman, she looked at me and said "that's like trying to put a Ford engine in a Chevy truck"....um...OK...I didn't ask what you thought, I simply was looking for a certain size belt. Meanwhile this angry looking older woman just stood behind her looking at me. Needless to say I never went back, and warn others about the place.

I found another Toro only dealer a few miles down the road from there and it's a 180 differance in treatment. I told him what I was doing and he was thought it was pretty cool. He gave me a few size belts and told me to bring back what I didn't need, without even charging me first.

He's let me rummage through his scrap pile to find misc pulleys I needed at no charge. THAT is the kind of place that gets my business. I buy all my parts from him and go in with a smile because they are great guys to BS with and understand where you are coming from. His prices are fair and I don't question them because of the service I get there. Funny thing is when I told him about my exp at the other place, it was old news to him. He told me he's had people bring Simplicity tractors they bought there to him for maintenance, because of the poor service they get from the Simp dealer.

When I called to get quotes on a BX24, the first dealer was kind of short and didn't really want to talk much. The second dealer was cheaper and spent a good 5 minutes on the phone with me. Even if the second had been more expensive I would have gone back to him for more info, basic skills in interacting with people go a long long way with me.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #105  
I don't understand why some dealers act that way. To me selling tractors to guys who love tractors would be one of the funnest jobs in the world. By the way has anyone seen my rose colored spectacles. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #106  
I don't understand why some dealers act that way. To me selling tractors to guys who love tractors would be one of the funnest jobs in the world. By the way has anyone seen my rose colored spectacles. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #107  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font><font color="blueclass=small">(
I am a strong advocate of having automobiles, trucks, tractors, motorcycles serviced at place of purchase. Most dealers will sell a unit, car, truck or tractor at a fair and reasonable mark-up price. I check prices before making a car, truck or tractor purchase. I don't tell one dealer what another dealer will sell for. My view on this is I am trying to purchase something not get two or more dealer in a shouting contest. I then evaluate distance for service work, dealer (sales-staff) attitude, service department attitude, etc prior to service. I WOULD NEVER unless traveling have service work done at a dealer other than where the unit was purchased.
)</font></font>

Im just the opposite! I'll take any equipment back to a "dealer" intil the FIRST TIME I catch them screwing something up!

When my B3030 was delivered..I stared at it for 1/2 hr... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...then fired it up and drove it around the front yard. Played with the FEL..( this way makes the bucket do this..that way makes the bucket do that) sort of thingy...and moved it thru the speed ranges with the HST tranny. THEN I started looking it ALL OVER with the users manual in hand. The day efore delivery..the dealership had blown a steel HYD line and had to fix that prior to deliver ( SH** happens..no biggie)..and the DUDE that was SUPPOSE to be putting the rig together..gave it his "OK"..and it was delivered TWO GALLONS LOW on tranny fluid!!!..and NO..repeat NO fitting on the FEL had been GREASED.."AT ALL"....they were STILL sealed/covered with K orange paint!

It was remedied the very next day ( saturday..by a mobile repair guy they have on call). And THIS is the place I want doing WARRANTY WORK on my "baby"... AHHHH I DONT THINK SO!!!

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #108  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font><font color="blueclass=small">(
I am a strong advocate of having automobiles, trucks, tractors, motorcycles serviced at place of purchase. Most dealers will sell a unit, car, truck or tractor at a fair and reasonable mark-up price. I check prices before making a car, truck or tractor purchase. I don't tell one dealer what another dealer will sell for. My view on this is I am trying to purchase something not get two or more dealer in a shouting contest. I then evaluate distance for service work, dealer (sales-staff) attitude, service department attitude, etc prior to service. I WOULD NEVER unless traveling have service work done at a dealer other than where the unit was purchased.
)</font></font>

Im just the opposite! I'll take any equipment back to a "dealer" intil the FIRST TIME I catch them screwing something up!

When my B3030 was delivered..I stared at it for 1/2 hr... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...then fired it up and drove it around the front yard. Played with the FEL..( this way makes the bucket do this..that way makes the bucket do that) sort of thingy...and moved it thru the speed ranges with the HST tranny. THEN I started looking it ALL OVER with the users manual in hand. The day efore delivery..the dealership had blown a steel HYD line and had to fix that prior to deliver ( SH** happens..no biggie)..and the DUDE that was SUPPOSE to be putting the rig together..gave it his "OK"..and it was delivered TWO GALLONS LOW on tranny fluid!!!..and NO..repeat NO fitting on the FEL had been GREASED.."AT ALL"....they were STILL sealed/covered with K orange paint!

It was remedied the very next day ( saturday..by a mobile repair guy they have on call). And THIS is the place I want doing WARRANTY WORK on my "baby"... AHHHH I DONT THINK SO!!!

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #109  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blueclass=small">(Also, to suggest that my behavior was provocative is just silly. I went in there with the sole intent of checking out whether we could have good relations, to re-establish a good business relationship, and oh, by the way, to see if they had some stuff I need for my tractor and yard. My decision to pick up the hardware as we were talking was to let him know I was interested in giving them my business, if he was interested in having it. He made it pretty clear that he didn't care to have my business, or didn't care much either way. And, just so we're clear on this, I didn't say anything in front of anyone else. You know why? There wasn't anyone else there, no other customers in the showroom or the yard.
)</font>

Re-establish a good business relationship??? I'm not sure what happened to the relationship? He offered a tractor at a price you couldn't afford or didn't want to pay. Did that offend you or do you realize that's just business and should not make you hate the place.

I don't think the sales guy said he didn't want your business, just that they did not want to work on a Kubota. Right? You came to the conclusion that his comment meant everything? I gotta tell you in your responses to Tom and I that if anyone doesn't go along with your opinions(even on the internet) that you get a little defensive. I also agree with Tom that the customer is NOT always right. If you have ever worked in a service industry like tractor repair(I have) then you would know this to be true. Especially when they come in and say "it just broke...I didn't hit anything!!" And of course since my company just changed the oil we are responsible for the bushhog with a mangled blade and a broken PTO. We really liked the stories with a locked up motor (spun bearing) and fresh unused motor oil in the crankcase. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

A friend called me the other day, told me about the crappy service at his bank. Could get anyone to answer his questions, the manager was hidding somewhere and the teller was rude and not cooperating with him. So he demanded the money and left. He said he was going to try another bank down the road to see if they had better service.

I found out later he was 1) wearing a mask, 2) holding a gun and 3) calling me from jail. I just thought it was a bad bank. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm just funning with you PM. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #110  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blueclass=small">(Also, to suggest that my behavior was provocative is just silly. I went in there with the sole intent of checking out whether we could have good relations, to re-establish a good business relationship, and oh, by the way, to see if they had some stuff I need for my tractor and yard. My decision to pick up the hardware as we were talking was to let him know I was interested in giving them my business, if he was interested in having it. He made it pretty clear that he didn't care to have my business, or didn't care much either way. And, just so we're clear on this, I didn't say anything in front of anyone else. You know why? There wasn't anyone else there, no other customers in the showroom or the yard.
)</font>

Re-establish a good business relationship??? I'm not sure what happened to the relationship? He offered a tractor at a price you couldn't afford or didn't want to pay. Did that offend you or do you realize that's just business and should not make you hate the place.

I don't think the sales guy said he didn't want your business, just that they did not want to work on a Kubota. Right? You came to the conclusion that his comment meant everything? I gotta tell you in your responses to Tom and I that if anyone doesn't go along with your opinions(even on the internet) that you get a little defensive. I also agree with Tom that the customer is NOT always right. If you have ever worked in a service industry like tractor repair(I have) then you would know this to be true. Especially when they come in and say "it just broke...I didn't hit anything!!" And of course since my company just changed the oil we are responsible for the bushhog with a mangled blade and a broken PTO. We really liked the stories with a locked up motor (spun bearing) and fresh unused motor oil in the crankcase. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

A friend called me the other day, told me about the crappy service at his bank. Could get anyone to answer his questions, the manager was hidding somewhere and the teller was rude and not cooperating with him. So he demanded the money and left. He said he was going to try another bank down the road to see if they had better service.

I found out later he was 1) wearing a mask, 2) holding a gun and 3) calling me from jail. I just thought it was a bad bank. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm just funning with you PM. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif