Dealer prep oopsies

/ Dealer prep oopsies #41  
Problem with pushing back when most others don't (like what I do) is that you become the ugly customer.
And when that happens you run the risk of them just letting it sit in the shop and never fixing it. So there is a down side. And there gets to the point that it is cheaper and quicker to fix it yourself than to ask them to do what they should have done in the first place. And furthermore, this applies to all areas, not just tractors.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #42  
I wouldn't trust anything that came out of the dealer. **** it arrives from the factory in such poor condition to start with. Crooked this, that not welded straight or correctly.
They pay the assembly guys at factory less than they pay at Amazon across town! So there's no consistency.

Anyone buying a Kubota should go over it with a fine tooth comb as soon it gets home and report everything right away.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #43  
I thought Japan had stricter QC policies, my problems stemmed from local assembly of finished components.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #44  
Anyone buying a Kubota should go over it with a fine tooth comb as soon it gets home and report everything right away.

Maybe check everything over before the check gets wrote and before it is delivered? There should be a clause in the order contract that the buyer can back out upon final inspection.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #45  
Just another good reason to buy off the lot as by Dad always told me about cars. CASH and carry, Make your offer and be prepared to walk, What you see is what you get.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #46  
Seems to be there would be less incentive to build a perfect product if you knew some sucker already bought it.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #47  
I thought Japan had stricter QC policies, my problems stemmed from local assembly of finished components.

The QC on fabrication and fitment of Kubota loaders and backhoes is atrocious. It is hard to believe some of the stuff is even set up in a jig.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #48  
I see Kubota is made in USA and Japan, what we get is from Japan, is it possible there is a difference?
Never realised this until about an hour ago and I had to check it out and found it is correct, what the level of manufacture in the USA is I don't know but it is becoming commonplace, my BMW from a few (many) years ago was made in California yet the insurance companies blessed me with a higher premium be cause it was a European car????

/ Dealer prep oopsies #49  
Had a 93 Camaro made in Canada, and a 07 maxima made in Tennessee, never know nowadays.

/ Dealer prep oopsies #50  
On thing to look for on dealer prep is grease zerks that have blobs of grease on them but no actual grease in the joints. Here is why. The zerks are often painted over and the mechanic sticks the grease gun on them but they don't take grease because of the paint. Run you knife blade over them and then grease them. I found some on my Kubota loader when it was delivered. People are often in a hurry or otherwise time compromised and no one will love your new toy like you will love your new toy.