Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #61  
I work in the mining industry and sadly I see people that aren't interested in keeping a $187,000 a year job. And the ones that throw it away because they can't stay off drugs for their one week of work between their week off and fail their randoms.

I'd hate to see if another world war broke out, because if you can't get this new generation to go to work for that kind of money where are we going to find any willing to be soldiers and defend the country?

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #62  
We are a high-volume dealer. Ideally if everyone shows up to work and inbound tractors arrive timely, we try to keep ahead of the curve and have 30 or 40 (a month's worth) of tractors PDI'd and ready to go. Then all we have to do is put the package together, add ballast, implements, remotes - whatever. But even that, in the busy season can stack up and cause a few days delay. Some of you guys have hinted that maybe the dealer needs to be pushed, but if they are going as fast as their manpower can go, the only way to get it sooner is for them to push someone else back that bought before you. And sometimes a dealer can do that if that prior purchaser isn't in a big hurry, but most everyone wants their tractor delivered as soon as possible.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #63  
Your dealer is not the "normal" All the tractor and atv dealers here use the summmer students and the bottom grease monkey's to do the PDI's and assemblies.
I would hate to see what has slipped by in this case.
It is this diligence that has kept him in business since 1976.
They do not hire just anyone and if you’re a kid
(we have 3), you best have learned a hardy work ethic from your parents.
They are all great kids aged 17-19, and not one of them stands around waiting to do something.
They work hard their entire shift.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #64  
I would hate to see what has slipped by in this case.
It is this diligence that has kept him in business since 1976.
They do not hire just anyone and if you’re a kid
(we have 3), you best have learned a hardy work ethic from your parents.
They are all great kids aged 17-19, and not one of them stands around waiting to do something.
They work hard their entire shift.
Well, my B had a wheel stud that was a different color than all the others, and a stripped bolt in the loader frame.
Luckily I go through all my stuff myself and do the services and repairs myself.

Dealers where I live are so bad I sometimes don't even use warranty on my vehicles because I literally FEAR bringing them to the dealer.

They'll always fix the issue you bring it in with, you'll just have one or two new ones when you leave.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #65  
Well, my B had a wheel stud that was a different color than all the others, and a stripped bolt in the loader frame.
Luckily I go through all my stuff myself and do the services and repairs myself.

Dealers where I live are so bad I sometimes don't even use warranty on my vehicles because I literally FEAR bringing them to the dealer.

They'll always fix the issue you bring it in with, you'll just have one or two new ones when you leave.
Sad in the gratification of accomplishment many of our species have lost.
Instant gratification and self worth measured in $ seems to rule the day.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #66  
Sad in the gratification of accomplishment many of our species have lost.
Instant gratification and self worth measured in $ seems to rule the day.
I think that's the problem with the town I live closest too. Wages have always been on the low side for the mechanics, but the shop rates are certainly not.
So like they say, you get what you pay for.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #67  
As a newly married young man, I soon learned that if screwing it up is the name of the game.......I can do that all by myself without any help....the beginning of my DIY life style.:rolleyes:

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
Might finally be seeing some movement on this.

May take delivery next week. I hope.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
Took delivery on a new Powerstar 120 yesterday from another dealer locally.

The 110 I had a deal on sat on the lot for 3 weeks or so, despite my need for the tractor.

Got the 120 at the same price, so I'm not exactly unhappy.

Made the deal on the 120 day before yesterday afternoon, and picked it up yesterday afternoon. Less than 24 hours after the deal was made. Not weeks with no progress...

Got out in the early morning heat and waxed all painted surfaces on tractor and loader this morning. Still hot and sweaty. But waxing keeps the brush scratches off better.

Now to get the inside outfitted with lights, and other things I use.

210f7PB.jpg

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #70  
That is awesome! What a handsome machine as well; I know that's not a big factor in tractor purchases, but that blue is sharp.