Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #261  
Why would anyone want to trade in their tractor anyhow? With a little patience you could sell your tractor (regardless of its color) for considerably more than a dealer will give you in trade (regardless of its color).
I could anticipate my spouse not being keen on having that much money tied up. Maybe if I sold old tractor first. More likely, I will not get another one. One benefit of research.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #262  
I've had three dealers in the last 6 months say they won't take my 770 hour Mahindra in trade and I thought it was because it needs seals replaced which is a labor intensive job. Then I asked the owner of the Mahindra dealer that sold it to me if they'd repair it and take it back in to sell on consignment (meaning I would own it until it sold, but they'd get a percentage for selling). They weren't interested saying tractor sales were slowing. Oh, and the service department still hasn't my calls about repairing it even after speaking with the owner.

Two of the Kubota dealers said they have trouble getting parts for Mahindra. The third dealer wasn't a Kubota dealer, but said they have trouble reselling Mahindras.

Massey Ferguson used to have a good presence here in rural Middle Tennessee, but their dealer network has really dried up compared to what they once were. A friend needs the clutch replaced in his MF and can't find anyone to do it nearby.
The dealer I got my TYM from told me they sell most of their tractors out of state and can hardly keep up with demand.
They’d always be willing to take my trade and they’re about 9 miles away from me.
They’re also opening up two more dealerships and they currently service many other makes and models because people are having a hard time finding service centers.
So far I really liked dealing with this dealership and they’re located in N Georgia.