Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #252  
Things really aren't different today than in those thrilling days of yesteryear. All products still boil down to the quality of product and satisfaction of the customer. If that doesn't happen, companies won't be around for long because of no sales.

The only way any company makes any sales is if the buyer and seller agree on the product and price. That's basic capitalism. The customer controls 100% of what that company does or doesn't do with manufacturing and customer service by what they are willing to tolerate or not.

I've turned and walked away from lots of deals over the years. Often they chase after me or call later but sometimes not. It's OK because I've lived to see who succeeds and who doesn't.

"A poor man can only afford the best". John Browning

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #253  
I’ve been noticing that some tractor dealers won’t accept TYM, LS, Branson, Bad Boy, or Mahindra tractors on trade. That may make it more difficult to sell/trade your tractor if you own one of those brands. Are these dealers being uppity about their brand or do you think they have legit business reasons for doing so? I’ve never seen a car dealer not accept another brand before so why do tractor dealers do it?

View attachment 813945
Mahindra makes a dang good tractor, I’ve had a used one for ten years and was so impressed by it I bought a bigger one and have had it for eight. I can see why they wouldn’t I want it for trade, it is so good it would hurt their new tractor sales. My neighbor saw what I’ve done with mine and he went and bought a Mahindra. Definitely not because of poor craftsmanship.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #254  
Mahindra makes a dang good tractor, I’ve had a used one for ten years and was so impressed by it I bought a bigger one and have had it for eight. I can see why they wouldn’t I want it for trade, it is so good it would hurt their new tractor sales. My neighbor saw what I’ve done with mine and he went and bought a Mahindra. Definitely not because of poor craftsmanship.

What model do you have? Most Mahindra owners seem happy with their tractors, but the direction of the praise changes by line. Owners of the Indian built models speak highly of their brute strength, the Korean models of their comfort and convenience features, and the Japanese line seems a mixture of both.

You haven't said anything that leads me to point at any one model range; you've just expressed an overall sense of satisfaction with your machine.

You're a tricky one. 🤣

I hope you get many happy years with your tractor, as we all ought to.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #255  

How you know you have the best tractor in the world?
1. Jobs that would take hours, days or were impossible are done in minutes
2. Jobs that were close to crippling are infinitely easier
Can I carry 100lb bags of cement 100 yards? Yep. Do I feel like I got hit by a bus for the next 4 months? Yep. I would take a Yugo tractor over no tractor. My most cherished knife is a $12 buck knife my wife got me for our anniversary years ago. Most people would think its a piece of junk. I carry it every day, keep it razor sharp and have cut open thousands of hay bales and bags of grain with it. Every once in awhile I tell her how much I love that knife and she smiles. Wouldn't trade it for a $1000 knife.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #256  
Just gander a look at the used prices for the off-brands, and should then understand a dealer's position not wanting a used one on their lot. True, it is disappointing, but its life.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #257  
Just gander a look at the used prices for the off-brands, and should then understand a dealer's position not wanting a used one on their lot. True, it is disappointing, but its life.
Its all depending on location. Within 50 miles of me there are 4 Mahindra dealers, 6 Kubota dealers and 2 John deere dealers. Im sure its different in the delta area but up here in the hills its Kubota and Mahindra as the main brands. What would be a easy sell in one location would be a very hard sell in others.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #258  
Yet when I see used Kioti DK 35 listed on Tractor house in good condition they are listed at or near what I paid for mine new 22 years ago