Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #242  
You landed on the MX? Awesome! I hope to see pictures when you bring her home!
A used tractor dealer just a bit further out of my immediate area got in a low hour MX and was willing to allow some trade in for the Mahindra when no one else has been willing to do that. It was delivered yesterday. I hope I'll have time to make some pictures tomorrow.

I'm still evaluating whether I just dug my hole deeper now that I own a more complicated MX with an emissions system. I don't understand why they put electric controls on these tractors to operate the PTO, either, when simple mechanical engagement levers have worked fine for decades?

And I admit to envying those who own tractors with nonECM Kukje engines. I just couldn't seem to find a way to get one because of needing to deal with the Mahindra in the whole process. The TYM dealer didn't want it in trade, and I understand his reasoning.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #243  
The MX seem to be really well regarded, and sell well; so, even if in the future you run into issues I would think that there ought to be enough parts support.

Of course, we know what happens when we assume...

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #244  
Maybe the TYM guy would take the MX in trade? :)

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #246  
More trading? My brain is already scrambled from looking at tractors and trying to find a way of either repairing the Mahindra, trading it, or selling it which would require getting it repaired.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #247  
Customer service is press 2 for English, however the person answering rarely is proficient in English.
The mom and pop businesses are either being gobbled up by corporations or forced out. The developers aren’t bringing good things with them.
I have to disagree with that. Been my experience that tractor dealers don't have the press 2 at all. Most of them I deal with, the call is answered by one of the employees and two, the mom and pop dealers may be getting phased out with JD, but not the lesser brand like Kubota for instance.

You are equating credit card call centers with tractor dealers and that is not a valid comparison at all.

Finally, the wife and I have ONE credit card and it's domestic based and none of their employees speak broken English not is your call forwarded to India or anywhere else for that matter. I's not Capital One either, where you can be sure the agent you talk to cannot speak English fluently.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #248  
I have to disagree with that. Been my experience that tractor dealers don't have the press 2 at all. Most of them I deal with, the call is answered by one of the employees and two, the mom and pop dealers may be getting phased out with JD, but not the lesser brand like Kubota for instance.

You are equating credit card call centers with tractor dealers and that is not a valid comparison at all.

Finally, the wife and I have ONE credit card and it's domestic based and none of their employees speak broken English not is your call forwarded to India or anywhere else for that matter. I's not Capital One either, where you can be sure the agent you talk to cannot speak English fluently.
Correct, the ones you deal with, one dealership does not represent all of Kubota. I never mentioned credit cards either. Customer service (for the most part) is in the crapper. Lowes, Home depot, Walmart and others have forced mom and pops out of business. Our 3 local Kubota dealerships were bought by an automotive dealership and combined. One of their first moves was to delete mobile service, even for the leased fleet customers (like us). Now, to get mobile service we have to get them out of Va and thats a minimum of 90 miles one way (on our dime). Using a local mechanic means we have to buy the parts because our mechanic (according to Kubota) cant be trusted to properly diagnose equipment for warranty repairs. Kubota (and others) do not care about customer service. They care about getting your money into their pocket.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #249  
Another thing that is different is the complexity of today's tractors and the cost of repairing them.

I just traded in a Mahindra 3525 because I couldn't find anyone near me I trusted to repair it, including the Mahindra dealer that sold it to me. The repair involves having to disassemble much of the rear end of the tractor to replace two $39 seals. It's sort of a simple job, but time consuming and labor intensive.

Replaced it with a MX5200 on the theory there are four decent Kubota dealers near me. Surely one can do a repair if I need it, but another part of me wonders if that's really true in a practical sense given the complexity of the MX and what the repair bills will be on it when something breaks.

Many farms (what's left of them) are disappearing around here, especially in areas where there is high population growth.
Not telling you how to think (well maybe a little bit), your concerns of the future with the MX are just supposition presently. Not even dust in the wind yet.
Your present reality is the headache is over w the Mahindra, you have a new ( to you) machine to use and the "present" is allowing you to just sit on it and go.
May you be unfettered with anything else.
Good luck w the new iron.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #250  
Thank you for your kind words.

Did a fair amount of mowing after checking all the fluids today.

The MX is in a different category of tractor for me coming from a couple of 25hp tractors, the 35 hp Mahindra and now this 55 hp MX.

It seems that my 6' cutter has been underpowered all these years. The operator's platform is larger and easier to get on/off. The hillside stability and the turning radius is dramatically better. Overall, it seems like a much more efficient and pleasant experience.