Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what?

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #1  

PAPPASMURF

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE
So here's the deal...?As most of you know a few years ago I decided to start a business with my Kubota L3200. Its been going great and I have had the need to add attachments as a result of the high demand of work. 2 weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered a Grapple and a new (slightly larger) loader bucket. Of course this meant I had to have the 3rd function installed as well as the quick-attach for the l525 loader. Anyway, I started my search for this upgrade at Talladega tractor who usually gives me A+ service. They were quick to give me a quote ($3,900) for all of the above. Problem was, they only offered a black colored Land Pride Grapple with a single hydraulic. After searching around a found that a dealership in Oxford, Alabama (Beshears Tractor) had a J-Bar Grappel (Orange with dual hydraulics) and a more aggressive set up and the entire cost for all of the above was $3700. I jumped on this price and Grapple and placed the order making certain I got one of the orange ones (to match the tractor of course!). Now here is where I lost my temper: 1st of all, I was told that the Grapple had to be ordered and would be in the next day. I was told I would be given a call when it came in, but 3 days later....still no call, so I called them. I was informed that the entire computer system of Kubota Corp. was down nationwide, thus stalling all orders. The salesman insured me that he would call me the next day with a timeframe of when it would come in. Again, no phone call and 2 days later, I called them and they didn't know when it would be shipped. I explained that I had a business to run and needed this attachment for an upcoming job, and would like to know something soon or I would have to go elsewhere. I was told again that I would be called the next day with a definite date. During the next few days I had a family emergency come up and I was forced to spend several days at the hospital with family, however I had my phone the entire time and NEVER got a call. After taking care of the emergency (3 days later) I decided to call the dealer again. I was told I would get a call that same day after they figured out when the Grapple would be shipped. AGAIN I ended up calling them and I wasn't happy about it. I was finally informed that I could bring my tractor in on Monday (05/06/19) and the Grapple and parts would be installed that day. I bit my tongue and went ahead and took my tractor in and I was told that the job would be complete in a few hours and I would get a call when it was done to come pick it up. I emphasized that I had a job on Tuesday morning and I would definitely need the tractor back. I was ensured it would be done and ready. By the end of the day (4:30pm) I still had not been called. The dealership closes at 5:00, and in a panic (because I had a job to do the following morning) I called and kept getting sent to my salesmans voicemail. On the 4th call, I finally got a secretary and demanded that I be transferred to someone who could tell me where my tractor was and why I hadn't been called. I got a service guy that said they didn't have time today, so it would probably be tomorrow. I LOST MY TOP!!! Knowing they were closing and I wouldn't be able to make money the following morning I told them that if they couldn't get the job done by early morning, I would be picking my tractor up and they could cancel and refund my order / money. After being placed on hold for a few minutes, I was told that one of the mechanics was going to stay late to finish the job and I could get the tractor in the morning. Feeling like I was in a No-win situation I told them that I would agree to that, however it needed to be done early so I could get on my jobsite. I also voiced my displeasure about never being called or updated. The following morning I was called by the salesman and told my tractor was ready for pickup. I immediately went to pick it up....racing the clock so I could get on the jobsite which was a job that HAD to be done by noon. I never made it and had to call another contractor to help me out - thus not making a single dime on the job. Here's why: When I arrived the Grapple was NOT the one I ordered. The controls were installed sloppily (yes I know that's probably because I blew up at them the day before). My chainsaw was missing and had to be found (it is normally in a holder on the side of the tractor but was removed for the 3rd function install). After getting all of this ridiculous mayhem sorted out and finally getting what I had ordered it was too late to do the job. I was furious!!! I made it clear I would never do business with them again. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Are there more dealers out there that seem to look at you as a number and don't give a rip about what YOU want or need regardless of how much money you spend with them??? I may sound petty to some, but I cant stand it when a man tells me he will do something (like call) and then doesn't follow through. No, actually -It infuriates me. What do you guys think?

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #2  
This kind of thing has happened to me on many occasions, but not at a tractor supplier. It infuriates me. When you’re in a service business, your #1 priority should be communicating with the customer. Forgot to call one time. Ok fine it happens. But multiple times and multiple broken promises. I’d be blowing my top too. The reality is they wanted your business bad enough to lie about it. Whether you wanted the setup for your business or for hobby, it really shouldn’t matter. They shouldn’t make promises they can’t keep, or at least follow up on when things don’t go as planned. Sounds like bad management and employees that could care less (again, bad management).

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #3  
So here's the deal...

?As most of you know a few years ago I decided to start a business with my Kubota L3200.
Its been going great and I have had the need to add attachments as a result of the high demand of work.

2 weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered a Grapple and a new (slightly larger) loader bucket. Of course this meant I had to have the 3rd function installed as well as the quick-attach for the l525 loader. Anyway, I started my search for this upgrade at Talladega tractor who usually gives me A+ service
They were quick to give me a quote ($3,900) for all of the above. Problem was, they only offered a black colored Land Pride Grapple with a single hydraulic. After searching around a found that a dealership in Oxford, Alabama (Beshears Tractor) had a J-Bar Grappel (Orange with dual hydraulics) and a more aggressive set up and the entire cost for all of the above was $3700. I jumped on this price and Grapple and placed the order making certain I got one of the orange ones (to match the tractor of course!).

Now here is where I lost my temper: 1st of all, I was told that the Grapple had to be ordered and would be in the next day. I was told I would be given a call when it came in, but 3 days later....still no call, so I called them. I was informed that the entire computer system of Kubota Corp. was down nationwide, thus stalling all orders.

The salesman insured me that he would call me the next day with a time frame of when it would come in. Again, no phone call and 2 days later, I called them and they didn't know when it would be shipped. I explained that I had a business to run and needed this attachment for an upcoming job, and would like to know something soon or I would have to go elsewhere. I was told again that I would be called the next day with a definite date.
During the next few days I had a family emergency come up and I was forced to spend several days at the hospital with family, however I had my phone the entire time and NEVER got a call

After taking care of the emergency (3 days later) I decided to call the dealer again. I was told I would get a call that same day after they figured out when the Grapple would be shipped. AGAIN I ended up calling them and I wasn't happy about it.

I was finally informed that I could bring my tractor in on Monday (05/06/19) and the Grapple and parts would be installed that day. I bit my tongue and went ahead and took my tractor in and I was told that the job would be complete in a few hours and I would get a call when it was done to come pick it up.

I emphasized that I had a job on Tuesday morning and I would definitely need the tractor back. I was ensured it would be done and ready. By the end of the day (4:30pm) I still had not been called. The dealership closes at 5:00, and in a panic (because I had a job to do the following morning) I called and kept getting sent to my salesmans voicemail. On the 4th call, I finally got a secretary and demanded that I be transferred to someone who could tell me where my tractor was and why I hadn't been called.

I got a service guy that said they didn't have time today, so it would probably be tomorrow. I LOST MY TOP!!! Knowing they were closing and I wouldn't be able to make money the following morning I told them that if they couldn't get the job done by early morning, I would be picking my tractor up and they could cancel and refund my order / money. After being placed on hold for a few minutes, I was told that one of the mechanics was going to stay late to finish the job and I could get the tractor in the morning.

Feeling like I was in a No-win situation I told them that I would agree to that, however it needed to be done early so I could get on my jobsite. I also voiced my displeasure about never being called or updated.

The following morning I was called by the salesman and told my tractor was ready for pickup.
I immediately went to pick it up....racing the clock so I could get on the jobsite which was a job that HAD to be done by noon. I never made it and had to call another contractor to help me out - thus not making a single dime on the job.
Here's why: When I arrived the Grapple was NOT the one I ordered.

The controls were installed sloppily (yes I know that's probably because I blew up at them the day before).
My chainsaw was missing and had to be found (it is normally in a holder on the side of the tractor but was removed for the 3rd function install). After getting all of this ridiculous mayhem sorted out and finally getting what I had ordered it was too late to do the job. I was furious!!!

I made it clear I would never do business with them again.

Anyone else ever have an experience like this?
Are there more dealers out there that seem to look at you as a number and don't give a rip about what YOU want or need regardless of how much money you spend with them???

I may sound petty to some, but I cant stand it when a man tells me he will do something (like call) and then doesn't follow through.
No, actually -It infuriates me.

What do you guys think?

Broke the post post a bit. Hopefully a bit easier to read

They should not make promises they can't keep...- supplying the wrong grapple :thumbsdown:, misplacing a chainsaw not good.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #4  
I think you needed to let off some steam!

Let me give you a picture of service. My first CUT was a 955 John Deere that the local salesman found for me. It was a private deal and they got no kickback out of it. What they did get was the sale of a 430 loader and a 660 rototiller for the tractor. Several years later the pto shaft on the 955 broke internally and I had to wait a few weeks for parts. The dealership loaned me the use of a brand new 4600 for a week or so to finish off a few jobs that I had.

When my parts showed up I put my tractor back together and the local dealer got their 4600 back. I was never charged one cent of rent for the 4600 and I put about 100 hours on it.

A few years later and I felt it was time to trade off my 955. I didn't do any haggling on the price of my new 2004 4410 as I felt the dealer had bent over backwards a few years earlier to help me out. I'll never forget what they did for me.

There's more to the story as the local salesman is my brother. Also JD corporate found out that the tractor had been loaned out and let me tell you crap hit the fan as the 4600 was still owned by JD corporate and not the dealer. I have no idea how the dealer side of the story worked out and frankly I just figured I would be smart to keep my mouth shut so I did. I'll say it again. I never paid one cent of rent for the use of that 4600. The dealer came and got the 4600 and washed it up and I never heard one more word about the whole situation.

Now this story is probably more the exception rather than the rule but to this day I can go to the service manager and either borrow their service manuals for a job that I'm doing for my own business or they will print off the relevant section that I need. I have an awesome relationship with my local dealer that I've cultivated for over 30 years. Both service and parts will help me out as best they can.

Now back to your story. I can see how you would be infuriated because of the way you were treated but sometimes it just pays to hold your tongue. If you ever need the services of this dealer again how do you think you are going to be remembered? Early in my thirty's I made $5000 by not blowing my temper. It was a life long lesson and I had every right to be angry but I bit it. I won't go onto details here other than to say it's a better story than the above.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #6  
Next time your tractor goes to the dealer keep your chainsaw and other tools home.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #7  
All I have to say is "was it worth the $200 bucks?"
That being said, I have found it has become the norm to not really care about customer service whether it be tractor dealerships, car dealerships or auto parts stores.
And why so **** about the color of the grapple? Do you have forks for your tractor and if so what color are they? LOL

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #8  
Next time your tractor goes to the dealer keep your chainsaw and other tools home.
Yep, whenever anything goes into the shop anything that could get lost and/or misplaced gets removed.

On the other stuff it sounds like a combination of poor internal communication at the dealer, a busy dealer and the old adage "Good, Cheap, Quick, pick two"

Aaron Z

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #9  
Yes, you have every right to be extremely PI#@ED off. I would cool off and go back to talk to the manager and if he could care less about it I would contact his boss unless it's a Mom & Pop place. No business wants a bad rap and if the salesman has a reputation of this, he defiantly wants to know.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #10  
Have you bought a car lately:confused3. They are all over you , in out one and done! Right up to the point where you sign that �� paper. After that it’s just pure **** . Nonstop litany of screwups and never ending PHONE TAG! They’re scrambling around like roaches until they are doing something not shoving wads of cash in the door then they are GONE. Just like roaches. I bought a car from a dealer back in mid March. They take care of everything:thumbdown:. I’m still running around with a paper tag trying to get those toads to get me my registration. Phone tag all this week and last:fiery::fiery::fiery: