Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what?

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #31  
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You made a lot more phone calls than I would have. It would appear to me the dealer was trying not to do business with you.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #32  
   / Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #33  
The lack of communication really frustrates me and would make me not use them again.

As for the rest of the problems I try to take the approach that I am responsible for what happens to me, not the other way around. If you want to be picky about what grapple you brought, and you should be, then you need to allow ample time for delivery and installation. As you found out chit happens that is out of your control so you need to plan for contingencies.

Don’t buy something from a dealer you have no prior history with and then be upset when you aren’t their number one priority. Skilled mechanics are in high demand so a lot of shops are short staffed. They do their best but as you said kubota’s computers were down for a day or two, think you were the only one affected? Not to mention why would you accept a job with a tight deadline using equipment you didn’t even own yet. You made the right call by calling in a subcontractor. Proper planning will yield success. Demanding others jump through hoops for your lack of planning is not usually successful.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #34  
Papa. I applaud your standards. I was in fact raised that equipment, a spade or a tractor MUST be cared for. My Bike had to be cleaned and inspected! My Father was in the ****** Youth! Machines were apparently worth more than lives at one time. I keep my stuff indoors but apply a somewhat more relaxed attitude lately. Stuff must be kept clean, but in a general sense, and using common sense. Not much point washing something, when it's gonna be wet outside for a week, and you have to get back at it.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #35  
For those asking "why I was so insistent" on an Orange Grapple...….doesn't this look much better matching the tractor than would a black one? Just sayin.
View attachment 603844]View attachment 603844

I’m glade you’re happy but I couldn’t care less what color an implement is. Once half the paint is gone it won’t make any difference anyway. No matter how good you care for stuff dirt engaging implements that actually get used won’t have all the paint. I probably should have and I might eventually but I didn’t even paint the welds after I welded a thumb on my backhoe. Not to mention it’s a black bucket with a yellow thumb on a grey backhoe boom.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what?
The lack of communication really frustrates me and would make me not use them again.

As for the rest of the problems I try to take the approach that I am responsible for what happens to me, not the other way around. If you want to be picky about what grapple you brought, and you should be, then you need to allow ample time for delivery and installation. As you found out chit happens that is out of your control so you need to plan for contingencies.

Don稚 buy something from a dealer you have no prior history with and then be upset when you aren稚 their number one priority. Skilled mechanics are in high demand so a lot of shops are short staffed. They do their best but as you said kubota痴 computers were down for a day or two, think you were the only one affected? Not to mention why would you accept a job with a tight deadline using equipment you didn稚 even own yet. You made the right call by calling in a subcontractor. Proper planning will yield success. Demanding others jump through hoops for your lack of planning is not usually successful.

You must not have read the post in detail. Proper planning on my part WAS my first priority, and NO I don't think I was the only one effected. When a man gives you his word and assures you that the install is easy and only takes a few hours, then reassures you it will be done by days end....why wouldn't you trust in that somewhat? Im not naive and I bought my tractor in 2011 from this dealership, so Im not quite sure where you get off thinking I was expecting others to "jump through hoops". Im a business man and the reason I have so much business and am doing well is because Im a man of my word. I call back, tell the truth and do quality work and that is why I don't understand another (bigger) business acting as if this relatively small purchase isn't important after all the conversations I had with the staff. If that's poor planning on my part Id like you to explain how you figure that. Sounds like you work for this company???

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #37  
Ahh, I see.

As to the question in the thread title .... as someone above noted, maybe the dealer really was trying NOT to do business with you.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #38  
If it was powder coated, I would tell them to keep it.

AGREED!
Powder coating is junk that chips away, with rust forming underneath!
Two part epoxy is the way to go, but generally more expensive,...... so nobody does it.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #39  
The reason most powder coat parts are junk is most users won't do the steps needed to properly bond the coat to the metal.

/ Dealership customer service....Am I just an ***, or what? #40  
Pappasmurf, no I don't think you over-reacted. Your reaction was just normal, but only because you haven't been CONDITIONED. The norm these days is to shove customer service down the hole, grab the money if you can, and get back to counting your take.

Coming from Texas and having lived in J'Ville for a good long spell (even marrying one of those good looking gals), I've learned that I can believe nothing sellers say, half of what they write down, and pay twice the price they quoted. There's always "OH! You wanted that too?" And yes, after retiring in Georgia, it's absolutely no different. Makes one wonder how they stay in business.

I've gotten to the point that positively will not put down a deposit on anything, and show the 'green' , if and when, the item or service has been delivered. Verbal promises and contracts are good only for that "90" rule - i.e. 90 feet or 90 seconds. Its a crying shame that the business world had come to that, but it is what it is. And you/we have to adapt.

If you should happen to stumble across that rare dealer/seller, treat him like a Crown Prince. He's that 1 in a thousand.