Debaiting on trading in

/ Debaiting on trading in #1  

caleb90

Bronze Member
Tractor
ih b414
Last october i picked up a new tym t25 with backhoe. Paid 23,500 for it, ive realized i should have gone with a bigger framed tractor. I just got quoted for a new ls mt226he with loader for 19,999 and they will give me 20g for my tractor. Im thought about getting the backhoe for that aswell but at 7500 , one of them chinese mini excavators seems like it may be the better option. The t25 has been a good little tractor and has done what ive needed so far, but lacks in ground clearance and implement lift height on the 3pt.

/ Debaiting on trading in #2  
   / Debaiting on trading in #3  
I looked at some of your previous posts and believe you stated you are on 47 acres? If so, have you considered jumping up to the MT3 series tractor?

/ Debaiting on trading in
I looked at some of your previous posts and believe you stated you are on 47 acres? If so, have you considered jumping up to the MT3 series tractor?
I am only working about 5 acers of it, rest of it is wooded

Having 2 tools (Tractor and mini) is better than one multi-tool but the MT with the bigger BH likely will have more digging force than the 1 ton chinese excavators. Maybe consider the slightly bigger 4000Lb units like the Typhon Terror with the diesel for around 11-12K. FREE SHIPPING 4,000 lbs Terror XVIII Mini Excavator, EPA Certified KUBOTA Diesel | eBay
Ive been watching videos, i think the 1ton would be strong enough for what i need. The backhoe on my t25 has done what ive needed. Tym dosnt list the specs on digging force though

/ Debaiting on trading in #6  
Gotcha. I looked at and test drove a MT357 and it was a nice machine and would work just fine on your 5 acres. For a little more money that MT3 series might be worth looking at. Just an opinion and understand if you wanted to stay around the 25 HP range.

/ Debaiting on trading in #7  
Ive been watching videos, i think the 1ton would be strong enough for what i need. The backhoe on my t25 has done what ive needed. Tym dosnt list the specs on digging force though
I'd say think about your intended uses to decide which is best.

I don't own a Chinese mini X. Reading the threads here, what I see other members saying is they have slow travel speeds. They need to add hydraulic filters and reinforce the track frame with a cross bar to keep it from bending on the lower priced units. Then there is the question of parts availability.

But a mini X has the ability to rotate 360 degrees which comes in very handy in some digging situations. Some come with thumbs that are handy for moving small trees and brush. Hydraulic augers can be had for some of them. Could be easier to dig fence posts in the spot you marked with one of these than a 3pt PHD.

If you don't use the BH much, could invest the same money into a larger tractor.

One advantage of having a separate machine is you don't have to take the BH on and off the tractor to use it.

Last edited:
   / Debaiting on trading in #8  
Ive been watching videos, i think the 1ton would be strong enough for what i need. The backhoe on my t25 has done what ive needed. Tym doesn't list the specs on digging force though

The BH for the MT225 list it as having 2800lbs digging force with the bucket. Most of these excavators list it as KN (Kilonewtons) and 2800 lb force is 12.5 KN. The 4000LB machine will have around 14KN and the 6000LB machines around 22KN on average. if you do the correlation, a 2000LB machine is in the 7-8KN range or 1800-2000 Lbs force.

They are strong little machines but as others have said, slow travel speeds - the bigger units go 3 MPH and the small 1 ton mini is like 1.2 MPH. The advantage of two machines is the mini can load the bucket of the tractor, or hold a log to saw and dig stumps (small ones) and the tractor hauls it away,

They are handy machines to have for trail maintenance, wood cutting culverts, planting, a small crane etc.

The new backhoe for the mt226 has a 8.5ft digging depth and over 3000lbs of bucket force. The little minis max out just under 6ft and as mentioned will have a little less power. I have never needed to dig over 6ft as of yet. Just a real pain taking the backhoe on and off even if it only takes 15-20 minutes. There are days ive had to take it on and off a few times, then there are days i have passed on doing a certain job because i was being lazy and didnt want to mess with the backhoe. Also not a fan of having to constantly get on and off to move the tractor while digging

I went and looked at a ls mt225 and a 2515 today aswell. Dealer didnt have the new mt226 but gave me an idea. Ls imo is better built with better fit and finish, welds are much better. Not a fan of the guage cluster or the electronic govener. The tym is a tad bigger, poorer quality and i cant stand the loader joy stick location. Still trying to decide