Debaiting on trading in

/ Debaiting on trading in #21  
Do keep in mind that with the current Houlti issues, getting parts or even a Chinese digger could become very complex and with the cargo insurance climbing like a rocket ship, the unit cost will probably increase as well. Most container vessels (which what those tractors and diggers are shipped in), are now going around the Cape Horn of Africa which also involves more fuel usage and a much longer transit time plus the increasing cargo insurance rates.

Now might be the best time to buy actually.

As much as I really don't desire a Chinese digger, I was perusing them on Alaibaba I may get one just for the fun of it.

/ Debaiting on trading in #22  
You mean bent cylinders are common on Kubota? Or all major brands with poor operators?

Not all new vehicles have a diesel with DPF and ECM to limp it. My motorcycle is throttle by wire... It's 100x more reliable than a diesel with a DPF and ECM 🤣
The only thing I see that is 'limp' is your comments. You and I both know how the poster of that thread bent his cylinder rods, don't be coy.

Your bike (like the 4 that I own) are all gas engines, not diesel and not germane to the thread anyway.

Finally, T4 diesels with DPF and ECM's an maybe DEF injection are all reliable unless the owners fail to follow the procedures in the owners manuals for proper operation.

Said before and will again that probably 75% percent of dealer intervention is due to not following the procedures in the owners manual and I see that all the time at the Kubota dealership I work at part time. Of course my 2 M9's have no electronic controls what so ever 100% mechanical and I'd never buy a tractor that relied on a computer to make it run anyway, let alone DPF or SCR/DEF.

/ Debaiting on trading in
Do keep in mind that with the current Houlti issues, getting parts or even a Chinese digger could become very complex and with the cargo insurance climbing like a rocket ship, the unit cost will probably increase as well. Most container vessels (which what those tractors and diggers are shipped in), are now going around the Cape Horn of Africa which also involves more fuel usage and a much longer transit time plus the increasing cargo insurance rates.

Now might be the best time to buy actually.

As much as I really don't desire a Chinese digger, I was perusing them on Alaibaba I may get one just for the fun of it.
Thing with those mini excavators is that they are so simple. Not alot to go wrong

/ Debaiting on trading in #24  
The only thing I see that is 'limp' is your comments. You and I both know how the poster of that thread bent his cylinder rods, don't be coy.

Your bike (like the 4 that I own) are all gas engines, not diesel and not germane to the thread anyway.

Finally, T4 diesels with DPF and ECM's an maybe DEF injection are all reliable unless the owners fail to follow the procedures in the owners manuals for proper operation.

Said before and will again that probably 75% percent of dealer intervention is due to not following the procedures in the owners manual and I see that all the time at the Kubota dealership I work at part time. Of course my 2 M9's have no electronic controls what so ever 100% mechanical and I'd never buy a tractor that relied on a computer to make it run anyway, let alone DPF or SCR/DEF.

Right, he bent them like everyone else, misuse. That is the point. It's not brand specific, it's operator specific.

My comment about my bikes is relevant to the post I was responding to, where a diesel with ECM and DPF was compared to simple fly by wire technology. I dont see any posts about failures of throttle by wire... But plenty with DPF issues, limp modes, bad sensors, EGR failures.

I do find it humorous however when people who tout how dead reliable DPF is, also brag about not having it and never wanting to have it, and how valuable tractors are without it 🤣. That is pure comedy. With such a disdain for computer controls, you would really like TYM.

Last edited:
   / Debaiting on trading in
Right, he bent them like everyone else, misuse. That is the point. It's not brand specific, it's operator specific.

My comment about my bikes is relevant to the post I was responding to, where a diesel with ECM and DPF was compared to simple fly by wire technology. I dont see any posts about failures of throttle by wire... But plenty with DPF issues, limp modes, bad sensors, EGR failures.

I do find it humorous however when people who tout how dead reliable DPF is, also brag about not having it and never wanting to have it, and how valuable tractors are without it 🤣. That is pure comedy. With such a disdain for computer controls, you would really like TYM.
It can happen with any brand yes.. but its way to common with tym

/ Debaiting on trading in #29  
So Caleb, have you decided you are unhooking the TYM and putting the MT on the line so you can go after the bigger fish?

/ Debaiting on trading in #30  

Don’t be COY! 🧐

Last edited: