Debaiting on trading in

/ Debaiting on trading in
So Caleb, have you decided you are unhooking the TYM and putting the MT on the line so you can go after the bigger fish?
Ive pretty much settled on the ls, not a huge fan of the gauge cluster or the electronic govener. But the fit and finish sells it for me. What im trying to decide now is backhoe or not. I was doing research today on the backhoe, and its a pain to take on and off. Need to remove lower 3 point arms, and line the hoe up to the tractor close enough to put the locking pins in. But its a solid system, i can see why they are getting 3800lbs of digging force with a 8.5ft digging depth

/ Debaiting on trading in #33  
   / Debaiting on trading in #34  
Right, he bent them like everyone else, misuse. That is the point. It's not brand specific, it's operator specific.

My comment about my bikes is relevant to the post I was responding to, where a diesel with ECM and DPF was compared to simple fly by wire technology. I dont see any posts about failures of throttle by wire... But plenty with DPF issues, limp modes, bad sensors, EGR failures.

I do find it humorous however when people who tout how dead reliable DPF is, also brag about not having it and never wanting to have it, and how valuable tractors are without it 🤣. That is pure comedy. With such a disdain for computer controls, you would really like TYM.
All I know is what my dealer tells me the pre 4 units I have are worth on the market, that and what I see them being offered for on Tractor House. Of course factoring in inflation and the devalued dollar, there is no coming out ahead anyway.

The owner of the Kubota dealer I deal with came out and told me if I traded them in or sold them to him outright, he could sell them both almost immediately and get basically what I paid for them new. But again, with inflation and the devalued dollar, there is no coming out ahead of the game anyway.

Not 'touting' anything, just stating facts and neither of mine will ever be for sale anyway, not at least until I pass and then my wife can sell them. Already made arrangements to sell off all the equipment when I pass. My dealer will take all of it and sell it and give my wife the proceeds minus 10% for him for the effort. I'm good with that and so is she.

Mine are 100% mechanical (other than the fuel cut solenoid) and I'm all good with that as I don't want to deal with any emissions compliant tractor, bad enough to own emissions compliant cars that are, as you say, drive by wire. Interestingly, I never have any issues with them, whereas emissions compliant tractor owners appear to have issues but like I stated previously, most of those issues stem from not following the stated in the owners manuals, procedures for regenerating the DPF cannister or allowing the DEF to inject properly.

Interestingly, there is an M5-151 (I think) in the shop presently that won't run (I picked it up and had do winch it on the truck because it won't run) and the owner over rode the regen so many times that the plugged cannister backed up into the cylinder head and destroyed it and I don't know if Kubota will warrant it. I do know the field rep was in looking at it the other day. Gonna need a new cylinder head and a new DPF cannister and what else I have no clue about because I'm not involved with it other than looking at it. All because the owner failed to allow it to regen. Most likely never read the owners manual and just presumed over riding was fine. It's not.

Why, when I deliver ANY new unit, I have the customer sign a release that states they got the owners manual and that I have went over the features of the tractor and they understand those features and how they work and I've given them the owners manual. if, in fact, they read and abide by it isn't up to me, it's up to them 100%, but I do know from past experience (seeing failed units in the shop) that not following the emissions regen procedures plainly stated in the owners manual will down the road, cause issues and those issues result in dealer intervention.

I'd say a full 75% of tractors in the shop at any one time will be emissions related issues. Not something I want to deal with, with my units, consequently, my units are not T4 compliant from the factory and that is just fine with me.

Not 'touting' a dam thing, just stating what it is and nothing more.

/ Debaiting on trading in #36  
   / Debaiting on trading in #38  
I was doing research today on the backhoe, and its a pain to take on and off. Need to remove lower 3 point arms, and line the hoe up to the tractor close enough to put the locking pins in.

I did the similar process shown in the video two or three times - then I built a rolling dolly the BH sits on at the height above lower cradle. It's simple now - just roll the BH into position behind the tractor so the pins are above the cradle, hook up hydraulic lines, lift the BH, remove the dolly and raise the BH and lock in - maybe a 5 min process.

Takes longer to remove the 3PT arms than install the BH. Same thing in reverse to remove - raise BH and roll in dolly and pull BH away.

I did the similar process shown in the video two or three times - then I built a rolling dolly the BH sits on at the height above lower cradle. It's simple now - just roll the BH into position behind the tractor so the pins are above the cradle, hook up hydraulic lines, lift the BH, remove the dolly and raise the BH and lock in - maybe a 5 min process.

Takes longer to remove the 3PT arms than install the BH. Same thing in reverse to remove - raise BH and roll in dolly and pull BH away.
I will be storing mine in a pole barn with dirt floor, so it wont be near as easy

All I know is what my dealer tells me the pre 4 units I have are worth on the market, that and what I see them being offered for on Tractor House. Of course factoring in inflation and the devalued dollar, there is no coming out ahead anyway.

The owner of the Kubota dealer I deal with came out and told me if I traded them in or sold them to him outright, he could sell them both almost immediately and get basically what I paid for them new. But again, with inflation and the devalued dollar, there is no coming out ahead of the game anyway.

Not 'touting' anything, just stating facts and neither of mine will ever be for sale anyway, not at least until I pass and then my wife can sell them. Already made arrangements to sell off all the equipment when I pass. My dealer will take all of it and sell it and give my wife the proceeds minus 10% for him for the effort. I'm good with that and so is she.

Mine are 100% mechanical (other than the fuel cut solenoid) and I'm all good with that as I don't want to deal with any emissions compliant tractor, bad enough to own emissions compliant cars that are, as you say, drive by wire. Interestingly, I never have any issues with them, whereas emissions compliant tractor owners appear to have issues but like I stated previously, most of those issues stem from not following the stated in the owners manuals, procedures for regenerating the DPF cannister or allowing the DEF to inject properly.

Interestingly, there is an M5-151 (I think) in the shop presently that won't run (I picked it up and had do winch it on the truck because it won't run) and the owner over rode the regen so many times that the plugged cannister backed up into the cylinder head and destroyed it and I don't know if Kubota will warrant it. I do know the field rep was in looking at it the other day. Gonna need a new cylinder head and a new DPF cannister and what else I have no clue about because I'm not involved with it other than looking at it. All because the owner failed to allow it to regen. Most likely never read the owners manual and just presumed over riding was fine. It's not.

Why, when I deliver ANY new unit, I have the customer sign a release that states they got the owners manual and that I have went over the features of the tractor and they understand those features and how they work and I've given them the owners manual. if, in fact, they read and abide by it isn't up to me, it's up to them 100%, but I do know from past experience (seeing failed units in the shop) that not following the emissions regen procedures plainly stated in the owners manual will down the road, cause issues and those issues result in dealer intervention.

I'd say a full 75% of tractors in the shop at any one time will be emissions related issues. Not something I want to deal with, with my units, consequently, my units are not T4 compliant from the factory and that is just fine with me.

Not 'touting' a dam thing, just stating what it is and nothing more.
When i stated before that electronics were over hyped , i wasnt meaning emissions. Since the mid 90's to around 2007 most diesel were computor controlled and were reliable. Once they mandated emissions thats when things went south