Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #31  
I have a 5075E that the fuel tank has melted twice on. The tractor only has 1100 hrs. on it. I believe it is an '09 model.

Was it covered by warranty? Can anyone say "why" this is happening?

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #32  
Was it covered by warranty? Can anyone say "why" this is happening?

It was either earlier in this thread, or in the thread of the same thing happening to a guy over on GTT... but his dealer was claiming it was due to him putting pressure on the rear remote lever with his right leg, which was then causing hydrostatic pressure to build and cause excessive heat that would melt the tank.

That's the last thing I remember reading as to what a dealer said the issue was.

And yes, one of these two gentleman's tractors were covered under warranty. His local dealer let him have a full credit for his 5055E and he was able to buy a 5065E as a replacement for a modest price difference.

That's my spark notes version. :D

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #33  
John Deere did pay around $800 in parts, but wouldn't pay for the dealer's labor. The dealer says he can't make the tractor get hot. He said he had replaced the rockshaft valve the first time, but it didn't fix the problem. The tractor has always made a hissing noise when the 3-point is fully raised.

As a side note the rpm gauge doesn't work for the first 2-10 minutes after the tractor is started. It has been that way since it was brand new.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #34  
The tractor has always made a hissing noise when the 3-point is fully raised.

If hissing noise is present when 3 pt is fully raised then the control linkage needs adjusting to allow control valve to neutralize in fully raised position. I'm guessing the feedback rod needs adjusting.

Attachments

• LVP7514________UN20JUL06.gif
    LVP7514________UN20JUL06.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 484
   / Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #35  
If hissing noise is present when 3 pt is fully raised then the control linkage needs adjusting to allow control valve to neutralize in fully raised position. I'm guessing the feedback rod needs adjusting.
My 5303 does this. I can bump the lift lever down and it quits. I have had it do it in other than full lift locations in the range of movement.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #36  
I've spent the morning bush hogging with my 2012 5075e, and this thread came to mind when the soles of my boots started getting red hot. Doesn't look like anything has melted, but everything from the floor board back was red hot. I already know there is something wrong in the hyd system because I have to pump the brakes to make them work. JD said it was "in specs."

I'm gonna let it cool and try to finish my work. Then I think I will run until something melts or burns and let them tell me its "in specs" then.

Sorry to the OP and all the others having trouble with the E series. I sure wish I had my 5210 back.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #37  
I have a 5065e with 42 hours and no problems with hydraulics getting hot. Is there an acknowledged design problem with the 50xxe series tractors that Deere will admit? Or are these just a few examples of specific component failures? This kind of OE scares me. I don't see me putting more than 200 hours during the 2 year warranty. Advice ?

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #38  
I've spent the morning bush hogging with my 2012 5075e, and this thread came to mind when the soles of my boots started getting red hot. Doesn't look like anything has melted, but everything from the floor board back was red hot. I already know there is something wrong in the hyd system because I have to pump the brakes to make them work. JD said it was "in specs."

I'm gonna let it cool and try to finish my work. Then I think I will run until something melts or burns and let them tell me its "in specs" then.

Sorry to the OP and all the others having trouble with the E series. I sure wish I had my 5210 back.

That stinks. There's nothing worse than regretting buying something you were once so excited to have. :thumbdown:

I have a 5065e with 42 hours and no problems with hydraulics getting hot. Is there an acknowledged design problem with the 50xxe series tractors that Deere will admit? Or are these just a few examples of specific component failures? This kind of OE scares me. I don't see me putting more than 200 hours during the 2 year warranty. Advice ?

Buy an extended warranty? :D

I have a 2013 5075E with the new PowrRev / 540E PTO package. Thus, I'm interested to see if this issue will also happen to me, even though I have a different transmission than the OP and others here experiencing the heat issues.

My 2007 5103 got pretty warm around my boots, too. I just figured that was the issue when working 6-8hrs straight in 100 degree heat in TX, though. Ha!

I only ran my 5075E for an hour today with my MX6 - and I was running it at 1700rpm on the 540E. It got warm, but nothing much different than my 5103 did.

I will keep watching and report back if anything changes, though. :thumbsup:

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #39  
Just out of curiosity does JD have a site where you can look up Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs). With this happening with this regularity JD has to have a TSB out on it somewhere. Usually dealerships mechanics are supposed to be on top of them but so many come out so often they often just get shelved.

The reason I ask is because my dad recently had a GMC envoy that was just randomly stalling. He took it too the dealership and they didn't even know where to start because apparently the OBD II scanner wasn't picking up any codes. So they started guessing all the time costing $$ in parts/labor and not fixing the problem.

Long story short I ended up searching online in forums and that was little help but then started digging in GMC TSBs and found they were aware of the problem and being caused by a camshaft sensor. Sent my dad back up there and told them if they were lost on the issue to reference the TSB I found. What do you know, No more stalling. They were gracious enough not to charge for that service but they had already soaked my dad for 1200 dollars in repairs that weren't needed.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #40  
My 5065e serial number is 1PY5065ELCB009897. Can anyone tell me if it is susceptible to this issue? It was manufactured in. Oct 2012