Delivery tomorrow - Dying today!

/ Delivery tomorrow - Dying today!
3RRL said:
I know how excited you must be. Congratulations.
I drove down the highway to meet my delivery guy and followed him home for 20 miles like a kid. I had a grin on my face ear to ear!

What a great idea! LOL The way I feel right now, I may just spend the night at the dealer's lot... :D

cast_and_blast said:
Go print out the manual and read that or make a dolly for your box blade (so you can move it around easy.

A watched tractor never shows up (sorry - best I could do...)

Scott

Dealer gave me the manual for the 3320 and the MX5 cutter. Read both cover to cover already. Re-reading tonight. Arrgghh!

/ Delivery tomorrow - Dying today! #15  
I know you probably won't read this for a few days since you'll be out playing, er, working with your new tractor, but congratulations and have fun!

/ Delivery tomorrow - Dying today! #16  
I'm sure you won't be visiting the board here for quite some time since today's the day!! But if you do come in for a brief break drop a note to let us know how things are going. I wouldn't expect much but something like. . ."IT HERE, ME GO!" :D Later, once you come down from cloud 9 you can elaborate. May the weather be good to you.

Slight snag in plans... Dealer needed two more hours to finish installing one of the upgrades (3rd SCV) because the parts didn't come in until last night at closing time. :( Should be here any minute now... This waiting patiently is really painful! :D

/ Delivery tomorrow - Dying today! #18  
I'm surprised your not out waiting by the mailbox like I did.
Ya know, he might miss it. ;)

/ Delivery tomorrow - Dying today! #19  
Willl said:
I'm surprised your not out waiting by the mailbox like I did.
Ya know, he might miss it. ;)

I second that! Actually, I would probably walk to my dealer, only twenty miles, and ride on the tractor on the flatbed back home! Hmmm, :rolleyes: that's what I'll do when I get my tractor next month.

Actually, they called when they left the dealership, and my wife and I did go out and wait in the yard for the delivery. Quite a sight to see! We got it off the trailer, did the once-over thing, got a few pointers, and switched the implements around a bit for practice. Took the loader off, then put it back on. Didn't do the Post Hole Digger - but understand how it works.

Boy, this thing has power! The power-steering makes it so easy to steer that you almost forget that you're sitting on almost 4,000 lbs of tractor/loader/bb. I over-controlled the 300CX FEL at first, then remembered a TBN tip and lowered the RPM - instantly much easier to control. Showed the wife this trick, too.

Hooked up the box blade and started working on the driveway. OK, I can see there is some technique that I still need to learn, but even with my ham-handed approach, the driveway is no longer full of little ripples and washouts. Gotta figure out how to get the crown right, though...

Next I put on the MX5 and let it much on some overgrowth in the corner of my yard, where the little JD LX178 just couldn't fight off the brush... Literally 10 seconds later - gone! Vaporized! Unbelievable. So then I tried "mowing" the yard a bit with the MX5. No clue if I've got it adjusted right or not, but I didn't scalp anything, and the highest weeds are down. (Still no grass to speak of, thanks to our summer-long drought.)

Finally, we loaded up an old truck bed cover that had been dumped in the corner of our property, and took it out to the road, and put a "Free - Take Me" sign on it. It will be gone in a couple of hours... One man's junk is another man's treasure!

I've got a slow network connection here, so pictures will be coming only after dinner - gotta feed the wife or I'm in trouble. We kinda missed lunch, waiting for the tractor, and she wants food.

I had a ball today! And we haven't even gotten out to the property yet! More later!