detent or float

/ detent or float #11  
I ordered one of my rear remotes with float detente. This allows me to float the top cylinder on a box blade (keeps the wash board effect to a minimum. I also use it to allow the rotary cutter to float up and down while mowing. :thumbsup:

/ detent or float #12  
I ordered one of my rear remotes with float detente. This allows me to float the top cylinder on a box blade (keeps the wash board effect to a minimum. I also use it to allow the rotary cutter to float up and down while mowing. :thumbsup:

Why do you guys keep adding an e to the word detent? Its detent, not detente. Detente is "the easing of hostility or strained relations, especially between countries", LOL.

/ detent or float #13  
All those extra "'E's"!
Try living in New England/Canadian border area. , where they want to put on a production of "The Last of the Mohicans" in a theatre at the centre of ye olde fort.

/ detent or float #14  
All those extra "'E's"!
Try living in New England/Canadian border area. , where they want to put on a production of "The Last of the Mohicans" in a theatre at the centre of ye olde fort.

Funny.

Hey, Kubota offers two types of vales for their rear remotes (this is going on a L6060): a "double acting valve", and a "float detent valve". Is their float detent valve simply a double acting valve with a float detent option on it? In other words, does a float detent valve work just like a double acting valve, with an option to use the float if you want?

Do I lose anything by buying a float detent valve vs. a double acting valve? I want to add a top-n-tilt kit one day, and Kubota says I need two double acting valves (which might mean double acting valves with a float detent is ok too). Called a dealer...he was as clueless as me.

Is it usefull to have have two float valves?

/ detent or float #15  
ye olde fort, you realise that ye is pronounced 'the' as the old 'Y' in medieval English was one letter sounded as 'TH', it was formed differently to the y.
We have an event organiser who insists on calling first aid 'first aide', the addition of the 'e' transforms the verb to a noun.
Pedantic hat off.

/ detent or float #16  
Funny.

Hey, Kubota offers two types of vales for their rear remotes (this is going on a L6060): a "double acting valve", and a "float detent valve". Is their float detent valve simply a double acting valve with a float detent option on it? In other words, does a float detent valve work just like a double acting valve, with an option to use the float if you want?

Do I lose anything by buying a float detent valve vs. a double acting valve? I want to add a top-n-tilt kit one day, and Kubota says I need two double acting valves (which might mean double acting valves with a float detent is ok too). Called a dealer...he was as clueless as me.

Is it usefull to have have two float valves?

Yes the float detent valves work just like a double acting valve, but also has the float feature. Exactly like your loader control valve for raise -lower.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have. I always recommend that a person get both valves with the float feature for top & tilt. ;)

/ detent or float #17  
Thank you MVR! I spoke to 3 different tractor salesmen today...they keep saying "our paperwork says you have to buy two double acting valves to put on a TNT." I said "you sure that doesn't mean two float detent valves as well, since they are also double acting?" None of them knew....ridiculous. How can you be a tractor salesman for years and not know this?

Anyhow, I'm getting a flail mower for it...probably a 78" Woodmax with the hydraulic extension. TNT would be nice for cutting grass to the side of the tractor, and use the top link to make the mower ride on the rear roller more to keep from scalping.

Should I add a 3rd remote? Two for the TNT, and one for the hydraulic extension for the flail mower (a simple double acting valve)? Would be handy to be able to extend the mower to get into places the tractor can't go.

You guys like the TNT setup? Seems REALLY nice...we could really use it for grading our gravel driveway too.

/ detent or float #18  
Thank you MVR! I spoke to 3 different tractor salesmen today...they keep saying "our paperwork says you have to buy two double acting valves to put on a TNT." I said "you sure that doesn't mean two float detent valves as well, since they are also double acting?" None of them knew....ridiculous. How can you be a tractor salesman for years and not know this?

Anyhow, I'm getting a flail mower for it...probably a 78" Woodmax with the hydraulic extension. TNT would be nice for cutting grass to the side of the tractor, and use the top link to make the mower ride on the rear roller more to keep from scalping.

Should I add a 3rd remote? Two for the TNT, and one for the hydraulic extension for the flail mower (a simple double acting valve)? Would be handy to be able to extend the mower to get into places the tractor can't go.

You guys like the TNT setup? Seems REALLY nice...we could really use it for grading our gravel driveway too.

My advice, get all 3 and get all 3 with the float feature.

As far as T&T, pretty much anyone that has ever had it would not be without it ever again. When you have manual adjustments, you have ("That's good enough"). When you have hydraulic adjustments you have ("That's perfect").

Your choice. ;)

/ detent or float #19  
Thanks very much Mtn! It seems a no brainer to me too...especially if you use the tractor for grading (and mowing with a flail). But every dealer I spoke to has only sold a couple of them. Of course, 20 years ago, no one bought 4 wheel drive tractors either.

Through Kubota, a double acting valve is $240. A float detent valve is $302. Is it true that with a float detent, you don't have to shut off the tractor to depressurize the connection to remove it? Simply move the lever to the float detent position, and you release the pressure so you can pop the hose off (changing an implement for example). Seems like the extra $62 would be worth it for that feature alone if I understand it right.

/ detent or float #20  
Thanks very much Mtn! It seems a no brainer to me too...especially if you use the tractor for grading (and mowing with a flail). But every dealer I spoke to has only sold a couple of them. Of course, 20 years ago, no one bought 4 wheel drive tractors either.

Through Kubota, a double acting valve is $240. A float detent valve is $302. Is it true that with a float detent, you don't have to shut off the tractor to depressurize the connection to remove it? Simply move the lever to the float detent position, and you release the pressure so you can pop the hose off (changing an implement for example). Seems like the extra $62 would be worth it for that feature alone if I understand it right.

Yes, it will let the pressure off of the lines, tractor running or not. As far as the dealers not knowing these things. I believe that the majority of dealers, sales staff, manufacturers are not end users. So they "really" have no idea of what works and what doesn't in real world use.

Get all 3 rear remotes with the float feature and be happy. Get top & tilt and be even happier. :thumbsup: