Diabetes

/ Diabetes #482  
Reversing Type 2 diabetes is relatively easy with some education and discipline.

None of which the hospital offered. He went in not feeling well, with a glucose level over 400. They gave him some pills and sent him on his way. No ****. We have been learning what we need on our own.

Mom has kept him around 100 with a diet change.

/ Diabetes #483  
A friend had a similar experience. His doctor put him on popular med but the dose was too high and he ended up in the hospital with extreme low blood sugar. 4 days later when released he started doing his own research and ended up adopting a Keto diet. The results were good.
I am also on a Keto diet.

/ Diabetes #484  
Here is the yogurt from Walmart that I eat daily. It has some added sugars but I look at total calorie count and fat content. After retirement I got serious with A1C and weight control. Switched over from Jardiance to Rybelsus for my diabetes med, it is the oral form of Ozympic. I use the MyFitnessPal app to track intake and weight. You set your weight loss goal and as you lose weight, it reduces your daily caloric count. I am down to 2000 calories a day, which is where I will stay. I am more active now, not sitting in an office at the hospital all day. Keeping up the place and catching up on my projects, plus the honey-do list.

With all the above, I have lost 68 pounds since July 2023. My A1C in January 2024 was 5.9, down from 6.7 in June 2023.

1709386483107.png

1709386551151.png

/ Diabetes #485  
A friend had a similar experience. His doctor put him on popular med but the dose was too high and he ended up in the hospital with extreme low blood sugar. 4 days later when released he started doing his own research and ended up adopting a Keto diet. The results were good.
I am also on a Keto diet.

That is basically what he is adopting. Doctors in Michigan are f*ing terrible. They always have been in my experience.

/ Diabetes #487  
I researched this, and they do, if you take insulin injections. He doesn't. Unless that information is hard to find? It seems very restricted to people who use INSULIN daily.
I believe that might be correct. Can you go with him and ask his doc?

/ Diabetes #488  
I believe that might be correct. Can you go with him and ask his doc?
I live 6 hours away. Best I can do is tell them what to ask. I did run his information through a benefits check, and it said he didn’t qualify.