Diabetes

/ Diabetes #471  
Just gave some vials of blood for annual check up. I'm 6 mos into my keto diet. Will post results compared to last year.
Also I quit my statins after 10 yrs of muscle pain, leg cramps, and fading uhm, ah what's that called? Oh yeah memory. :rolleyes:
So we will see some interesting results.
I find that magnesium citrate supplements greatly reduce the leg cramps. As for the uhm, 76 years old and still waking up with a hard on. Take care of your arteries.

/ Diabetes
   / Diabetes #476  
Anything with CNN in the link is problematic for me…

/ Diabetes #477  
Consuming some fruit and nuts, is waaaay better than none. I can't see why it being at the bottom of a yogurt cups makes it bad

/ Diabetes #478  
My 85 year old father was diagnosed with Type 2 a couple months ago. My mother is a phenomenal cook, but her generation had NO CARE for glycemic index. I’ve been testing diabetic recipes and sharing them with her. They are truly amazing. Our entire family has been eating better, at no cost to flavor. He doesn’t need daily insulin, so if he wanted a cool wireless continuous monitor, it would be very costly.

/ Diabetes #479  
My 85 year old father was diagnosed with Type 2 a couple months ago. My mother is a phenomenal cook, but her generation had NO CARE for glycemic index. I’ve been testing diabetic recipes and sharing them with her. They are truly amazing. Our entire family has been eating better, at no cost to flavor. He doesn’t need daily insulin, so if he wanted a cool wireless continuous monitor, it would be very costly.
Medicare started to cover CGM's a few years ago. (continuous Glucose monitors)

/ Diabetes #480  
Medicare started to cover CGM's a few years ago. (continuous Glucose monitors)

I researched this, and they do, if you take insulin injections. He doesn't. Unless that information is hard to find? It seems very restricted to people who use INSULIN daily.