Diesel additive for the cold

/ Diesel additive for the cold #21  
In the past years, there have been some informative threads about diesel additives, some with technical comparisons and so forth. I have used Power Service White for many years, and so far have had no issues with winter gelling or any other maladies that diesel supposedly is subject to. I use it year-round, since my fuel often sits for months before I use it all, but after reading the post above, I need to look at the bottle of PS, since I never had noticed anything about use only for below freezing!

Just today I was talking with a guy who owns an excavating company, and operates multiple loaders, bulldozers and excavators. He was having some problems with his equipment. It was cold- 13 degrees last night, and he told me that you can't count on winterized fuel around here in Maryland. Makes you wonder?

/ Diesel additive for the cold #22  
I use power service (white bottle) year round, every few tanks or so, with no issues. I also have their (911 orange bottle) product around, just in case I get bad fuel. It does work very well. Now for cleaning up the injectors yearly I get the BG diesel injection cleaner (for Diesels) Its dam expensive, but worth every penny.

/ Diesel additive for the cold #23  
In the past years, there have been some informative threads about diesel additives, some with technical comparisons and so forth. I have used Power Service White for many years, and so far have had no issues with winter gelling or any other maladies that diesel supposedly is subject to. I use it year-round, since my fuel often sits for months before I use it all, but after reading the post above, I need to look at the bottle of PS, since I never had noticed anything about use only for below freezing!

Just today I was talking with a guy who owns an excavating company, and operates multiple loaders, bulldozers and excavators. He was having some problems with his equipment. It was cold- 13 degrees last night, and he told me that you can't count on winterized fuel around here in Maryland. Makes you wonder?

In another thread on here last year PS was discussed and how old it could be and still work. I sent an email to PS and their reply was you can use it year round and it has no shelf life. I buy the large bottles (treats 80gal) and have had it for four years now. Still no issues starting at near zero temps.
I add it to every can year round.

/ Diesel additive for the cold #24  
Stopped to fuel up at a convenience store yesterday at -15F in our F350. There was one diesel pump with a hose/nozzle on each side. The first one I tried apparently had gelled fuel in the hose! Normally I would leave and get fuel somewhere else, but we had a schedule/logistics issue that I feared would put us dangerously low before our next chance to fill up. The other hose, on the sunny side of the pump, flowed OK, so I pumped just 10 gallons and added about 6 oz. PS. Cold temps are normal here, so one expects fuel to be ok at -15F. We were parked outside all day after that, with no problems starting in the late afternoon. This morning the NWS is showing -25F in Alamosa, CO, about 1700 feet below us.