Oil & Fuel Diesel Additive

/ Diesel Additive #31  
............I've always put a large splash of treatment in every five gallons I buy, summer and winter. Doing it regularly keeps me in the habit, it's cheap, and you never know when the fuel will actually be used.
The effort/reward ratio is so high on this one, just do it.

Exactly what I always do!

/ Diesel Additive #32  
I don't want to burst your bubble and I wish I could agree with you but my own experiences and that of many of my friends and family regarding Diesel #1, Diesel #2, and Diesel Additives are completely different from what you posted. In a perfect world maybe but in the real world that I live in Diesel Fuel Additives are used to make up for regional differences of fuel quality. If you ever experienced diesel fuel gelling in cold climates you would not make the statements that you made. If you ever drove a 7.3 Liter IDI Diesel such as many still drive that used the sulfur of the fuel to lubricate the Fuel Injection Pump you would not relate to diesel fuel wax as a required lubricant. Many tractor owners also drive diesel powered trucks and cars and have completely different experiences. The new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel (ULSD) barely lubricates fuel system components of older vehicles still on the road. Luckily when it is 25 degrees below zero F where I live my vehicles are in my heated garage and I rarely leave my vehicles outside but I still use a Diesel Fuel Additive for many of the other benefits that the additives provide.
Have a good day,
Jim

Trust me, you didn't burst my bubble. :rolleyes:

/ Diesel Additive #33  
Hey the company I drive for uses Howes, I personally use FPPF (Cheaper) With no problems, I have drove trucks in well below zero conditions.
As far as no1 and no2 go,mix according to the expected lows.
0 degrees last night, semi sat, had FPPF in tank and NO gelling problems!
Tractor at home has no treatment, wont start it till it warms up!
Both are good, both work and for a tractor, a small bottle last all winter -- better safe than sorry!

/ Diesel Additive #34  
In your climate you will not have a issue with gelling diesel. The winter blend varity of diesel from the pump will do just fine. If your looking for more power then you might want to try the additive but chances are you will not notice any difference.

/ Diesel Additive #35  
Google this,spicer fuel lubricity test.coobie

/ Diesel Additive #36  
THE ONLY BRAND TO USE.

FPPF

The Diesel Power Team
Select from the products shown below for more information.
LUbricity 100%
Lubricity 100% Super Fuel Storage Stabilizer
Super Fuel
Storage Stabilizer Bio Diesel Winter Treatment
Bio Diesel
Winter Treatment 4000 Cooling System Treatment
4000 Cooling
System Treatment
fuel power
Fuel Power Polar Power
Polar Power Total Power
Total Power Lubricity Plus Fuel Power
Lubricity Plus
Fuel Power
8+ Cetane Improver
8+ Cetane Improver Diesel Fuel Injector Cleaner
Diesel Fuel Injector Cleaner Marine Formula Gas Treatment
Air Brake
Conditioner
Melt Down
Melt Down
Agri Fuel Treatment
Agri Fuel Treatment RV/Bus?SUV Formula
RV/Bus/SUV Formula Killem
Killem Diesel Engine Treatment
Diesel Engine Treatment
Fleet Formula Year Round
Fleet Formula
Year Round Fleet Formula Winter
Fleet Formula Winter Marine Diesel Fuel Formula
Marine Diesel
Fuel Formula Bio Diesel Fuel Power
Biodiesel
Fuel Power
The FPPF scored very low in the spicer lubricity tests.coobie

/ Diesel Additive #37  
I keep the tractors in an outdoor shed and I've been through winters of thawing out the fuel system with a hair dryer. A couple winters ago I got stuck out on the road with my VW TDI during an unusually cold spell. Got towed, got running again, not fun. Bought HOWES additive at NAPA. Been using ever since in car, truck, and tractors... No problems.