Diesel mixed with gas

/ Diesel mixed with gas #1  

Sean2202

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L305DT
Greetings,

Somone at my work accidently topped off one of the small engines with diesel. I would guess that about 1 gallon of diesel was added to the 7.5 gallon tank. The Diesel gas mixture was removed and the plugs and fuel filter was changed. Fresh fuel was added and the engine runs fine now. A fresh oil change is planned as well. All the machines at my work that are gas have "GAS" written on the caps and all the diesel machines have the fuel caps painted the same color as the pump handle.

So my question is what should be done with the gas diesel mixture?

Thanks
Sean

/ Diesel mixed with gas
How much gasoline was in the tank?
I would guess about 1 gallon of diesel was added to 6 gallons or so of gas to fill the 7.5 gallon tank

Mix it with more gas and use it in an old tractor. Won’t hurt a thing in an old low compression carbureted engine.
Interesting, I was considering adding it to my bulk tank of 300 gallons of gas. However, there are too may vehicles that use it including 2 cycle that could be affected. We don't have any old gas tractors that run low RPM here. How about an old chevy 350 carb engine from the 70's? That old truck has a large tank that could dilute the diesel Possibly.

/ Diesel mixed with gas #5  
I would guess about 1 gallon of diesel was added to 6 gallons or so of gas to fill the 7.5 gallon tank

Interesting, I was considering adding it to my bulk tank of 300 gallons of gas. However, there are too may vehicles that use it including 2 cycle that could be affected. We don't have any old gas tractors that run low RPM here. How about an old chevy 350 carb engine from the 70's?
If it’s an early 70’s with pre smog heads I think it would be just fine. Smog heads were pretty bad about detonation

I doubt 1 gallon mixed with 300 would hurt a thing but????

/ Diesel mixed with gas
If it’s an early 70’s with pre smog heads I think it would be just fine. Smog heads were pretty bad about detonation
No smog stuff on it. 76. I don't think it is original to the truck though.

/ Diesel mixed with gas #7  
I think you will be fine with this small amount of diesel in a single cylinder gas motor. At worse the plug may need to checked after a few hours if it runs rough. Keep adding gasoline as you burn up the current mix to further dilute the mix.
We did this to a lawn mower once without lasting effects.

/ Diesel mixed with gas #9  
if in doubt or if you don't have a old style gas motor you feel comfortable running it through why not dispose of it through local recycling depot?
our local dump takes used old/gas/paints.
In your area a quick google search may give you location to drop it off.

/ Diesel mixed with gas
I think you will be fine with this small amount of diesel in a single cylinder gas motor. At worse the plug may need to checked after a few hours if it runs rough. Keep adding gasoline as you burn up the current mix to further dilute the mix.
We did this to a lawn mower once without lasting effects.
Come to find out they actually ran it for about an hour like this. For clarity its a B&S vanguard 18hp v twin. It ran but not very well. "We just thought it was cold so left the choke on". Next person comes and says, "This isn't running right". Fuel filter had a red tint. Dead give away.

I think I will add it slowly to the old truck. Good to have old stuff around.

Thanks for the posts.