DIY counter weight

/ DIY counter weight #41  
Including the weight of the operator, you're golden. Not too long ago a pic was posted of a skidoo being moved by an FEL with fork extensions, no ballast. When the operator dismounted the tractor, one rear wheel rose up off the ground.View attachment 636331

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/314547-stepped-off-almost-tipped-over.html

Yeah.....

Guess what happened when I took my 220 pounds off operators position....

20190513_134020.jpg

This started my adventure into ballast.... According to spec sheet the JD L120 weighs 520 pounds. A bit less than the FEL lift capacity- think about it... ...

Dale

/ DIY counter weight #42  
Yeah.....

Guess what happened when I took my 220 pounds off operators position....

View attachment 636373

This started my adventure into ballast.... According to spec sheet the JD L120 weighs 520 pounds. A bit less than the FEL lift capacity- think about it... ...

Dale

With that tractor hanging 4-5 feet off your bucket like that the effective force is far more than 530 pounds, probably more like 750 or more. 500 or 600 pounds in the bucket won't do that.

/ DIY counter weight #45  
Would that be a FEL mounted mower deck.?:D:drink:

/ DIY counter weight #46  
That weight box turned out good, and you even hooked it up to a 3 point quick hitch.

What do you have planned for the 2 pvc through conduits that are cast into the weight box?

KC

Conduits go thru front to back so I can bolt on a steel z channel so I can hang the weight on the FEL pallet fork rack or the rear 3pt pallet fork rack when the forks are removed.