DK 45 or DK 55?????

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #11  
Guys let me help out here...
First off it looks like he is look at the DK45S not the SE.
The DK45SE is not available in a 12x12 trans it is hydro only.
The DK45S also has a larger frame and a self leveling loader.

Nedly05 just a little heads up the DK45S you saw advertised with a8x8 trans had to be a typo it is only a 12x12

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
Thanks, Guys!!!! great fast responses. My reasoning for wanting to go with a bigger tractor is that I work for my father in his excavating business, and I am used to being on big iron for 10-12 hrs a day, so for 1 I think I would quickly get frustrated with a CK. We have a DK65 and its been a good machine for us or I wouldnt even go this route. Secondly, I want to be able to use this machine for getting out firewood with a farmi winch, and not have it take too too long, then be able to load the wood into our 1 ton or our 5500 to take it home. Thirdly, there are times at work when we could use another tractor, mainly when we are doing road maintenance, and nothing less than 45HP would be effecient, so I would have a chance to make a little money with it too. I also wouldnt mind getting set up with a brush hog and making a little side money cutting fields.

Rick Wallace is working with me to work up a number for my trade and see what it would cost me to trade for a DK45 s with a farmi. He seems like a great guy, and from all of the positive talk on here I have no reservations about working with him! I do have a Kioti dealer 45 Min. from me that we deal with so I might have to give him a shot too, but I am not devoted to him and wouldnt mind working with Rick instead.

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #14  
I had no idea sunshades were rated to plow snow.

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Don :D

Well.....I'm a creative stunt operator.....I find ingenious uses for all surfaces in every orientation possible. It's just the way I roll.....:D:D:D

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #15  
Thanks, Guys!!!! great fast responses. My reasoning for wanting to go with a bigger tractor is that I work for my father in his excavating business, and I am used to being on big iron for 10-12 hrs a day, so for 1 I think I would quickly get frustrated with a CK. We have a DK65 and its been a good machine for us or I wouldnt even go this route. Secondly, I want to be able to use this machine for getting out firewood with a farmi winch, and not have it take too too long, then be able to load the wood into our 1 ton or our 5500 to take it home. Thirdly, there are times at work when we could use another tractor, mainly when we are doing road maintenance, and nothing less than 45HP would be effecient, so I would have a chance to make a little money with it too. I also wouldnt mind getting set up with a brush hog and making a little side money cutting fields.

Rick Wallace is working with me to work up a number for my trade and see what it would cost me to trade for a DK45 s with a farmi. He seems like a great guy, and from all of the positive talk on here I have no reservations about working with him! I do have a Kioti dealer 45 Min. from me that we deal with so I might have to give him a shot too, but I am not devoted to him and wouldnt mind working with Rick instead.

Soooo.....you've been holding back on some information...I knew you wouldn't last long under the intense interrogative techniques of these ruthless professionals....:cool:

Now that you've come clean :D, it seems the DK45 would fit the bill. For me, it gets stuff done faster, and then a whole lot more to boot. I've done a few side jobs with mine. Although I had my reservations, the KL451 self-leveling loader is quite handy for material handling, especially with pallet forks.

I'm looking into a flail mower for cutting my fields, A rotary cutter is OK, but a flail would appear to work much better for fields.

I gave my local guy a shot, but he refused to even come within a few thousand of Rick. He would not sell me a Woods backhoe, only a Kioti backhoe, despite the fact that he's a Woods dealer too. Apparently some dealers do not want to sell tractors. Rick does.....and he will service what he sells, where he sells them.

Good luck, and good deal!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #16  
Currently the incentives are a little better on the DK45S htan the rest of the line. you can get 0 for 72 months or a bigger cash rebate on that model than the others.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
Soooo.....you've been holding back on some information...I knew you wouldn't last long under the intense interrogative techniques of these ruthless professionals....:cool:

Now that you've come clean :D, it seems the DK45 would fit the bill. For me, it gets stuff done faster, and then a whole lot more to boot. I've done a few side jobs with mine. Although I had my reservations, the KL451 self-leveling loader is quite handy for material handling, especially with pallet forks.

I'm looking into a flail mower for cutting my fields, A rotary cutter is OK, but a flail would appear to work much better for fields.

I gave my local guy a shot, but he refused to even come within a few thousand of Rick. He would not sell me a Woods backhoe, only a Kioti backhoe, despite the fact that he's a Woods dealer too. Apparently some dealers do not want to sell tractors. Rick does.....and he will service what he sells, where he sells them.

Good luck, and good deal!!

I'm wondering if its the same dealer that I just talked to, sorta halfway between the two of us?? I'm looking forward to hearing back froim Rick!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #18  
I'm now in the third winter with my DK45SC. The cab is great (nearly essential) for winter work and nice for field work in the summer. I find it nerve-wracking to head into the woods with the cab, but so far I have managed to avoid bashing anything into it (well, not hard enough to break anything, anyway).
This unit is just about right for my uses, but marginally powered for serious work (whether snowblowing, mowing or whatever). It will do these jobs, but slower than a bigger unit would. I wish I had a big snow bucket; the 451 standard bucket is too small for moving snowbanks that the blower won't bite into.
I especially appreciate the way it has always started for me, even in the coldest weather.
BOB

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #19  
I'm wondering if its the same dealer that I just talked to, sorta halfway between the two of us?? I'm looking forward to hearing back froim Rick!!

Actually, no. This one was east of me. But the dealer you mentioned had a used DK55 with a Woods BH9000 backhoe, and he wouldn't make a deal I could couldn't refuse.

Rick will kick a**.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
We will have to see, I would really love to work with Rick, but its all about who has the best deal!!!!