DK 45 or DK 55?????

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
heres mine, good tractors. its for sale, but they are still great tractors.

jda,

I saw yours on tractor house when I was looking around, yours was actually what made me decide on ag tires and no cab! Great machine!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #42  
Congratulatons!! Welcome to the Pack!! Good luck with the....uh...."Clementine"!

I see you're already working with logs. I'd like to get my hands on a winch, but I need a flail mower first.

May I suggest that you get a tilt meter, given the logging terrain. I got one because these utility tractors really don't give warnings before they go. It happened to my Jinma. I find a meter removes the strain on my sphincter muscles.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
Congratulatons!! Welcome to the Pack!! Good luck with the....uh...."Clementine"!

I see you're already working with logs. I'd like to get my hands on a winch, but I need a flail mower first.

May I suggest that you get a tilt meter, given the logging terrain. I got one because these utility tractors really don't give warnings before they go. It happened to my Jinma. I find a meter removes the strain on my sphincter muscles.

I dont think clementine is gonna fly, that was an impulse post, still thinking of a name!! What is yours called deputy? Where do I get a tilt meter,. and how much tilt can I get away with??Thanks!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #44  

:D I actually find my sphincter muscle tip detector unit to be more sensitive than the tiltmeter. Trouble with the tiltmeter is that 1) we don't know at what angle our tractors roll and 2) even if we knew #1 any motion of the tractor throws off that figure.

I find it better to keep a close watch on the wheels to make sure they are not going into a dip (lowside) or bump (highside) rather than nervously watching a too slow reacting tiltmeter.

My advice: Leave the tiltmeter at home and just bring extra shorts.

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #45  
jda,

I saw yours on tractor house when I was looking around, yours was actually what made me decide on ag tires and no cab! Great machine!!

well, when i was buying it i wanted a cab but them things are pricey, plus i'm in the trees a lot so i went with no cab, and the ag tires give it a better grip, i've never been stuck or even close to stuck. it will pull like you won't believe. plenty of gears for just the right speed, i use mine usually in th mid range, low range is just to slow. i love the transmision set up, th shuttle is easy to operate, the sycronized main trans is easy shifted in forward or reverse, makes loader work a breeze. the only thing i can say bad about mine is the loader bucket just is'nt very deep. you'll have a lot of fun with it, i have mine, but like i said i've lost intrest in it, so anybody needs a good tractor i got one.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
:D I actually find my sphincter muscle tip detector unit to be more sensitive than the tiltmeter. Trouble with the tiltmeter is that 1) we don't know at what angle our tractors roll and 2) even if we knew #1 any motion of the tractor throws off that figure.

I find it better to keep a close watch on the wheels to make sure they are not going into a dip (lowside) or bump (highside) rather than nervously watching a too slow reacting tiltmeter.

My advice: Leave the tiltmeter at home and just bring extra shorts.

Pucker factor is always a good indicator, being on equipment all the time, I have had times where I should have fallen off the seat, but the pucker hold on the seat kept me in there!!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #47  
well, when i was buying it i wanted a cab but them things are pricey, plus i'm in the trees a lot so i went with no cab, and the ag tires give it a better grip, i've never been stuck or even close to stuck. it will pull like you won't believe. plenty of gears for just the right speed, i use mine usually in th mid range, low range is just to slow. i love the transmision set up, th shuttle is easy to operate, the sycronized main trans is easy shifted in forward or reverse, makes loader work a breeze. the only thing i can say bad about mine is the loader bucket just is'nt very deep. you'll have a lot of fun with it, i have mine, but like i said i've lost intrest in it, so anybody needs a good tractor i got one.

are you going to buy another tractor or have you lost interest in tractoring all together??:eek:

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #48  
you'll get used to that tipover feeling, the dk55 is kinda high up nmake one feels like it can't handle hillsides but it can.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
Got the winch on and cut some wood today with my Pa, everything is great, I'm very happy with it so far. She even gets to sleep in a heated garage tonight!!