do they make such a thing for tractors?

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #1  

searcyfarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmall 560D - 706D German w/Cab - Volvo MC110 - 1944JD A - Deere 2038R - IH 5088
situation, my dad is old, cant get the hydraulic hoses in very well in the auxiliary ports on the back

do the make a release valve that would go on the back of the tractor like they have on a skid steer that allows pressure to be released so its easy to push in the hoses, sometimes he cant get the disk hooked up etc....he keeps the loader on all the time so has to unplug the tilt on the tractor bucket to plug into the disk as the tractor only has two rear ports, i am aware of the splitter valves but that still doesn't release pressure, he even shuts the tractor off but that doesn't seem to help all the time.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
R

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #2  
Yes there is several threads on just such a tool.... Look in Hydraulic forum for probably best results....

Search tool shows up at least 5 iterations of "hydraulic pressure relief tool"

Dale

/ do they make such a thing for tractors?
yea i found some items but they were older so i was just looking to see if there was anything new that was available

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #4  
Such tools appear cumbersome to me. Loosing a line and letting it puke a little fluid only takes a second.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #5  
Tapping the ball with a soft-faced hammer has worked for me so far. A piece of wood dowel helps for the recessed ones on female connectors.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #6  
Tapping the ball with a soft-faced hammer has worked for me so far. A piece of wood dowel helps for the recessed ones on female connectors.

I've done this a couple times on the female connector. One thing I discovered was the need to wrap a rag around the dowel after inserting it into the fitting to catch the fluid that wants to spray. My guess is a couple layers of rag could be used on the male and the hammer could still bump the ball enough to release the pressure.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #7  
I took my loader off outside once in the sun and couldn’t put it back on, I ran cold water over the lines and that worked.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #8  
Hes having problems unhooking them also? Can you modify a set of vise grips to champ on the female end and pull it to release it?

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #9  
I assume he has the push pull female fittings on the tractor and not the ones you have to pull the outside sleeve on to connect or disconnect. If not first step. Always cut off tractor and break pressure to disconnect or connect and have implement setting where load will not be supported by cyl. On implement that has a pin to hold the load and not the cyl, be sure that is done before breaking the pressure. okay, you knew all that.

May not work for him but have you looked at the setups used by JD and Case I know for the fittings for the fel? Might give you an idea on design for his tractor. Friend who I buy most tractor parts from said something to me few days ago wish had asked more on. I was replacing a simple push pull fitting (could not get it to release hose in it. Totally failed.) But he asked did I have the fittings in a clamp where the (must be flexible hoses to female fitting) was held by the outside sleeve for if did they were easier to use. Saying ask older, experienced mechanic or parts guy for ideas.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors?
I assume he has the push pull female fittings on the tractor and not the ones you have to pull the outside sleeve on to connect or disconnect. If not first step. Always cut off tractor and break pressure to disconnect or connect and have implement setting where load will not be supported by cyl. On implement that has a pin to hold the load and not the cyl, be sure that is done before breaking the pressure. okay, you knew all that.

May not work for him but have you looked at the setups used by JD and Case I know for the fittings for the fel? Might give you an idea on design for his tractor. Friend who I buy most tractor parts from said something to me few days ago wish had asked more on. I was replacing a simple push pull fitting (could not get it to release hose in it. Totally failed.) But he asked did I have the fittings in a clamp where the (must be flexible hoses to female fitting) was held by the outside sleeve for if did they were easier to use. Saying ask older, experienced mechanic or parts guy for ideas.

he seems to be able to get them undone most of the time, they are the push pull type on our 5088 IH. I will have to ask him if he is making sure on the releasing pressure things, he is getting old and forgetful and the old 400/560/706 he didn't have this kind of troubles with however he did struggle with the 706 as it has the float portion of the valve if you move it all the forward/aft and the 5088 are the same way and he gets frustrated and slams the handles which doesn't do anything for him in regards to moving the implement up/down LOL.