do they make such a thing for tractors?

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #21  
This would be the likely tool - but have to order it from abroad - Caqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqpture.JPG
Quick-On Coupling Pliers | grube.eu

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #23  
Some of the usual tractor ag type connectors have two way sleeves- you can unlock them by pulling OR pushing the sleeve on the female side. I find those a lot easier to hook up than the one way kind especially on connectors that are not mounted to a bulkhead. There are also some that advertizse being able to connect under pressure. I just ordered some of those for my backhoe which seems to often build pressure on one side even though I keep the BH side connectors hooked together. (the poppet valve type connectors on it don't seem to help with that) Safeway S40 and Pioneer 4200 are two way types. Safeway S70 and Pioneer 8200 are two way connect under pressure. All are available in poppet and ball valve.

The two way female conectors can be mounted by the sleeve. If the body is free to move and the sleeve is held it becomes a breakaway connector- pull on the hose and it will detach. If the mount is firm you can also just push the male side in and it will connect. This would be the easiest way for someone with limited strength to make the conncection as it's not just arm strength, they can put body weight into it. This is what I would recommend.

It might be just the ones I have but connect under pressure flat face couplers require a lot more force to connect than ag types.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors?
Some of the usual tractor ag type connectors have two way sleeves- you can unlock them by pulling OR pushing the sleeve on the female side. I find those a lot easier to hook up than the one way kind especially on connectors that are not mounted to a bulkhead. There are also some that advertizse being able to connect under pressure. I just ordered some of those for my backhoe which seems to often build pressure on one side even though I keep the BH side connectors hooked together. (the poppet valve type connectors on it don't seem to help with that) Safeway S40 and Pioneer 4200 are two way types. Safeway S70 and Pioneer 8200 are two way connect under pressure. All are available in poppet and ball valve.

The two way female conectors can be mounted by the sleeve. If the body is free to move and the sleeve is held it becomes a breakaway connector- pull on the hose and it will detach. If the mount is firm you can also just push the male side in and it will connect. This would be the easiest way for someone with limited strength to make the conncection as it's not just arm strength, they can put body weight into it. This is what I would recommend.

It might be just the ones I have but connect under pressure flat face couplers require a lot more force to connect than ag types.

so how do they work? you have to move a lever or something?

The 8200 Series unique valve design allows connection while either or both the coupler and nipple are under pressure. Valves in both halves remain closed, opening only when system pressure has been relieved on the female body and then reapplied. This pressure sequence may be done with either an open center or a closed center hydraulic system that has a control valve.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #27  
I think one would need to know EXACTLY that the degree and nature of infirmity that is to be overcome.

I like to think I have pretty strong hands and fingers and even after bleeding off pressure on FF connectors, sometimes it's all I can do to get them together.

yea FF can be a challenge for me as well, seems like with the newer higher pressures no matter tractor or ss etc.... its just harder and more common

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #29  
Commonality issue plus cost prevent easy to use multiple couplers. My CUT loader couples 4 under pressure. My larger tractor couples 6 hydraulic and 2 electrical. However loaders are tractor specific.

My nephew’s old Internationals have a lever on the couplers. Push male end into place in the female end, pull the lever and it completes pulling the male end into full connection. Not sure all don’t have that type.

yea our neighbors 1066 and 1086 have those type but our 5088 does not i wish it did