do they make such a thing for tractors?

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #11  
Newer Pioneer fittings with the point rather than the round ball are supposed to help alleviate this problem. Cycling the remotes with the tractor turned off, prior to mating helps too. Connecting early in the morning before the cylinder and hoses warm up helps too. If it happens frequently, put a hydraulic T connector where it's convenient and install a pipe plug for bleeding would work. WWW has most any hyd fitting you can imagine if you can't find what you need locally.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors?
oh yea and how do those pressure relief things work that they have on skid steers i have seen those on ones i have rented and you turn a little knob before hooking things up

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #13  
Someone may have mentioned above to try turning on the ignition key when releasing pressure if the tractor uses solenoid instead of manual valves.
(I did read the posts but rather quickly :)

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #14  
Small hydraulic ball shutoff valves on the hoses before the remote and on the disc hose, will make hooking and unhooking very easy...

I have a set of push, pull, remotes that have the shut off valves built into the block, so they can be found.

SR

/ do they make such a thing for tractors?
yea i know i have taught dad to do that to release the pressure i am wondering if its more implement related with pressures staying in the unit or them sitting out in the sun building up pressure so i might have to install T fittings on the implements as well as on the tractor to help with that stuff for him, it makes me sad to see him loose his strength in his age and not be able to do some of this stuff when i know how he loves to do it, i want to make things easy for him so he can feel like he is still able to contribute i loathe the day i get here too but i know it will come

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #16  
What about switching all your fittings to flat faced couplers?

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #17  
Search Faster Multi-coupler. They use a lever to couple two "blocks" together. I've seen them for 1, 2, and 3 functions; 2, 4, or 6 couplers total, 2 couplers per function. I have them on both of my loaders, the 3 function, since both loaders are plumbed for a grapple. Ten times easier than having to couple or uncouple 6 couplers each time the loader goes on or off.

John Deere has the 1 function as an option for loader attachments, and the 2 or 3 functions for loader to tractor connection.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #18  
I noticed that you mentioned when hooking up disc's.
They can be a real pain when they have been parked for a bit,
if we pin the disk in the raised position it's not bad,
but if they are dropped on the ground it seems that the blades will settle into the ground
and create considerable pressure in the cylinder lift line.
I haven't found an easy way around that as it can be a considerable amount of fluid pressure.

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #19  
All our tractors and equipment were equipped with METRO hydraulic couplers on the farm.

They twist on and off easily even under pressure. In the worst case scenario, you would use a wrench to turn. (Notice the hex on male ends).

We must have purchased 30-40 female coupler assemblies and a hundred male ends.

Not sure if they still make them or not.

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

/ do they make such a thing for tractors? #20  
My grapple has flat face connectors and I have had to remove them from the end of the lines to connect them. I think there are more than one type of connector. The make some flat face that can be connected under pressure. I will be replacing my flat face with the standard connectors that are on the rear remotes and the FEL. Years ago when I worked on a farm with large tractors, we never shut the tractors off. Hooked and unhooked the rear remotes with no problems. We did lose a little fluid.