Dog Barking on Tractor

/ Dog Barking on Tractor #31  
Charlie looks like our Aussie, Rupert's, twin! I love the symmetry in the markings. We're about to get Rupert seriously groomed; all the feathers on his feet and legs are bringing too much of the outdoors into the house right now.

/ Dog Barking on Tractor #32  
Interesting phenomenon! Wife got a shelter dog about a year ago that was evidently very poorly treated when young (about 2 yr old now). The dog is extremely shy and "reserved". For several months we thought she was unable to bark. And then I drove the tractor up into the front yard for the first time!! She went nuts barking! She has subsequently calmed down a lot about the tractor.

/ Dog Barking on Tractor #33  
Nephew runs a stump removal business, and we were removing a stump in a backyard. the homeowner said the dog was friendly and the dog came up to both of use, and about crawled into our laps wanting attention, Within 5 minutes of engaging the grinding wheel on the machine, the dog bit both of us.

/ Dog Barking on Tractor #34  
Got that all wrong. I don't hate animals. I hate people that get animals just to have them and don't do nothing with them. Lots of people in the world get dogs and just let them run loose and bother other people's stuff and tear things up. My animals are taken well care of. My cattle have a barn they go in and eat hay after they have a couple buckets of grain and usually lay down in there and chew their cud. I clean it twice a day and bed it after. I also have chickens that are feed well with fresh greens and grain and all has fresh water anytime they want it. I don't beat them, run them around. They, chickens and all are tame as can be. The two pigs are just like a couple kids and get treated better than some kids do. But when it comes time they have a purpose in life and I don't have any guilty feelings at all. I know how they were treated and how well they were feed. I have problems with people that think their pets have the right to invade my space and bother my animals. My animals stay where they belong and not at the neighbors messing up their stuff and not crapping on their front porch or in their yard. Some people forget they the dogs are animals. Can't tell you how many times I've heard their just like part of the family. Well my grand kids are just like family to but I don't let them run loose in others yard and crap and pee on their property. No matter what cranks your tractor, dogs, cats, horses, cattle what ever it's the owner responsibility to take care of them and do things with them as they are intended not my responsibility to clean up after their animals and fix what they tear up.

And by the way I talk to the neighbor. Only lived here almost two years and never seen the need to say anything about the dog barking. It's in a cage and not bothering my stuff and place. It's about a 1/4 mile away and unless the wind isn't blowing and its still where sound carries it doesn't bother me where I see the need to piss him off saying something.

I guess I did. :eek: You did have a pretty harsh post though. And a neighbor a quarter mile away... ;) I have one like that. At least I can't hear the dog in the house. Next door (like right next door) I might have to say something, but a quarter away, no I wouldn't bother either!

I agree with most what you say. And I don't let my dog roam. And my barn cats always have plenty of food and water.

As far as a family member, here I disagree. He lives with me in my house, sleeps in my bedroom, and goes where I go for the most part. He can tell if I am mad or upset. And I don't let my animals rule me like some. He is well mannered and if he disobeys he will be disciplined which 90% of the time a good scolding and the other 10% locked in his kennel.