DPF cleaning

/ DPF cleaning #1  

Kioti Dave

Gold Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti NX4510 HSTC
Looking for any experience in cleaning a DPF. I had a bad injector, and DPF was regenerating every 3 hours. Had bad injector replaced, and now regenerates every 10 hours or so. Previously could go 30 to 40 hours between regens. Am thinking DPF needs a cleaning? I have read you can power wash?.? Tractor still on warranty so need to be careful.

/ DPF cleaning #2  
If the injector was replaced on warranty and it affected the DPF perhaps the dealer could also do the proper cleaning.

/ DPF cleaning #3  
   / DPF cleaning #4  
You can do a power wash on a DPF filter, and this is more commonly found done in Europe. They pre-soak the DPF in a bucket with a DPF cleaning solvent for up to 4 hours, and then spend about an hour powerwashing debris out of the ceramic filter elements. I have read this is only good for removal of 40% of the Diesel Particulates and ash.

I recommend bringing the DPF canister to a diesel shop which can do an 18 -24 hour Thermal baking process. This removes upto 95% of the Diesel Particulates plus the ash, and you get an included power wash of the DPF.

If you don't have any local DPF cleaning service doing the thermal baking, you can find some shops actually encourage you to box up your DPF and do a 2-day express shipping to their office, they do a professional cleaning, and ship it back to you.

I might add, this is most likely what a Kioti dealer would do.....they would ship a DPF to Kioti Corporate in North Carolina, who will use a local DPF cleaning service, they will then return it back to the Kioti dealer for install on your tractor. If you get it back within 6-8 weeks your doing great. So I recommend just doing this process your self.

/ DPF cleaning #6  
I would push the dealer to send it to get baked as part of the warranty repair for the injector. We do this regularly.

/ DPF cleaning
Thanks for all the input. I will try and see if dealer will pay. According to their diagnostic flow chart, cleaning is not mentioned. Only replacement. Will see how it goes.

/ DPF cleaning #9  
They are removable on semis for cleaning. However on pickups, Fords at least, they are a single welded piece that can't be disassembled for cleaning. I suspect my Kubota is a non-removable part & would have to be replaced. The sealed non-servicable part is unfortunately more popular on smaller or more consumer machines.

/ DPF cleaning #10  
On my Branson and on many Kubotas the DPF is easily separated from the DOC, usually held together with V band clamps. The 4060's DPF lists for just under $900 for a reman unit.