DPF cleaning

/ DPF cleaning #11  
I have not had any problems with my Kioti CK4010 DPF/DOC assembly. I assume it can be fully removed and taken apart for Cleaning. Out of warranty replacement for my tractor is $3,178.00. Remember, EPA and federal law requires all DPF/DOC manufacturers to warranty Emmissions for 6 years

/ DPF cleaning #12  
I failed a turbo under warranty - seal failed, oiled the DPF. Mechanic replaced the DPF under Kubota warranty. Think your tractor should get similar treatment. Fuel system failure affected DPF, DPF should be replaced - not cleaned - replaced.

/ DPF cleaning #14  
All emissions controls and parts have at least a 5 year government mandate warranty.

The OP looks to be from Canada. Are Canada's emissions warranty requirements the same?

/ DPF cleaning #15  
Here is a guide from Branson on how to clean the DPF used in the K78 and 6225R tractors here in Europe. DPF's are pretty much the same, so it should work for you.

The important part is in English. The rest is in German.

View attachment 662981

Interesting reading, shows how a dpf/doc should be constructed with maintenance in mind,
the few I have looked at on the larger ag tractors here I don't recall being designed to be disassembled.
They should be, I have to wonder if the EPA here in there infinite wisdom didn't decree they couldn't be made for periodic maintenance.

added;
I know the one on my pickup isn't, and don't know any that are.

Last edited:
   / DPF cleaning #16  
Interesting reading, shows how a dpf/doc should be constructed with maintenance in mind,
the few I have looked at on the larger ag tractors here I don't recall being designed to be disassembled.
They should be, I have to wonder if the EPA here in there infinite wisdom didn't decree they couldn't be made for periodic maintenance.

added;

Most DPF seems to be serviceable on this side of the pond. There are shops almost everywhere offering DPF cleaning and rebuilding services.

On the other hand, some of DPF are welded all around and these shops will often cut it open, do whatever they need to do and weld it back shut again.

/ DPF cleaning #17  

added;
Unfortunately i'd actually suspect they would be more inclined to mandate it being a non-servicable part. If the filter media can be removed permanently in a non-obvious way it would make it easier to hide DPF deletes. Basically the same deal as knocking out the honeycomb in a catalytic converter that many use to & still do.

I'm a fan of clean air, which sometimes conflicts with the quest for more power, durability or freedom. All in all as much as I hate the extra cost & complexity, I like breathing easily more. Not a fan of non-servicable parts though, but I can see some legit reasons why they might be mandated, other than the obvious cash grab for parts & labor.

/ DPF cleaning #18  
I'm an advocate of clean air as well. Every time I throttle up my pre 4 tractors and my pre 4 pickup truck I take notice of that....

No smoke, no fire. No fire, no power.

/ DPF cleaning #19  
They are removable on semis for cleaning. However on pickups, Fords at least, they are a single welded piece that can't be disassembled for cleaning. I suspect my Kubota is a non-removable part & would have to be replaced. The sealed non-servicable part is unfortunately more popular on smaller or more consumer machines.

My Ford Powerstroke says "clean the DPF at 120k miles, replace at 240k miles." Must be serviceable on way or another. Maybe they cut and weld them back together. The Kubota has clamps.

/ DPF cleaning #20  
Looking for any experience in cleaning a DPF. I had a bad injector, and DPF was regenerating every 3 hours. Had bad injector replaced, and now regenerates every 10 hours or so. Previously could go 30 to 40 hours between regens. Am thinking DPF needs a cleaning? I have read you can power wash?.? Tractor still on warranty so need to be careful.
When I purchased my used Kioti two years ago I had the local dealer service it. They forced a manual Regen process with their service interface to give me a fresh start. I assume they can run the oven cleaner mode to really cook it clean They indicated that it really needed it. I have noticed three auto regens in the 120 hours that I have put on.