Dump bed Pick Ups

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #11  
Always an interesting situation when I wait for the loader. That thing is huge, the top of the wheel is eye to eye with the top of my Jeep and my Jeep is not exactly low rider:)

But they dump it nice and easy and never hurt the trailer.

Once or twice when I needed big rocks, they actually let me down the quary to hand pick what I wanted; blue vulcan stone they call it I think. I was limited only by what I could lift by myself.

It is an interesting moon landscape on the bottom of this huge quarry, my dog was running around but there is no life and nothing interesting to sniff for him.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
czechsonofagun said:
Always an interesting situation when I wait for the loader. That thing is huge, the top of the wheel is eye to eye with the top of my Jeep and my Jeep is not exactly low rider:)

But they dump it nice and easy and never hurt the trailer.

I hauled 2 loads of slag in my little dodge d 50
They loaded it nice and easy with a big loader like this.
Like I said before don't ban the customer - get rid of the inept operator.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #13  
I have an EZ-Dump on a 1995 F250 and it works great. We have had it for 8 years. We love it. It can handle a yard of 3/4 stone. And I haul a yard of sand in it all winter for ballast while plowing and to sand ice. It is a light dump truck, but for moving small loads of bark, chips, loam and stone it is tough.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #14  
LBrown59 said:
Anybody here have one?

I put a hoist on my old beater "77" chevy 3/4 PU a few years back. Best $800 I spent on her. Looked every where on line for a kit and the best price i could find was at Northern Tools.

1. great to get rid of your junk
2. And yes it will dump it!

Attachments

• 110_1064 (Small).JPG
    110_1064 (Small).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 111_1130 (Small).JPG
    111_1130 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 587
   / Dump bed Pick Ups #15  
There are several saw mills around where I live in arkansas that will not load slab wood onto a 1/2 ton truck . The problem is some people that do not know the capacity of their vehicle. When anything is loaded onto the truck it has to be dropped because of the pickup bed sides. If you drop a load that is considerably over the capacity of the truck into something from a height of three or four feet something can break sometimes. If you break an axle the driver a lot of times is going to blame the operator. The operator will usually win in court but that involves lawyers fees and time spent in a courtroom. I personally dont blame anyone for not dropping items into a 1/2 ton or less pickup. The solution is a bigger truck or perhaps a trailer.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #16  
One of the main reasons they will not load pickups and small trailers is liability issues ie you take it out on the road and hurt some one and they will also try and come back on the quarry with a hoist on a small pickup you are going to be close to its rated weight without anything in the bed you will be lucky if you can hall much more than a half a yard of stone with out being over weight

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #17  
I have an old D350 flatbed/dump that I got at auction from our state road department. Best $2600.00 I ever spent. I commonly carry two yards of ¾ crushed granite in it. It could carry more, but I live in a hilly area and I’d be pulling the hills at 5mph with any more weight. I also use it for hauling firewood around the property and have stacked it well above the cab without any problems at all. I would never be without one now.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
gemini5362 said:
1*I personally dont blame anyone for not dropping items into a 1/2 ton or less pickup.
2*The solution is a bigger truck or perhaps a trailer.

I sorta can't find myself agreeing with a 1 & 2.
1* I sure can blame them for hiring an operator that can't operate the equipment.
2*Why hire a big dump truck to deliver several tons of something you only need 1000 to 3000 pounds of?
Why pay for 5 to 10 tons of something that you only need .5 to 1.5 tons of?
The solution is hire operators that know how to operate the equipment at the loading site.

I see pick ups all the time hauling full loads of sand gravel dirt slag etc so why not at least be able to unload the dang thing without having to shovel it all off.
Considering this point your argument makes no sense at all.

>>> >>>
>>>> >>>>

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #19  
A dumping bed on a pick-up will spoil you rotten. The first truck I ever bought in 1983 was a '78 Chevy Big 10 with an underbody dump kit. Guy kept it clean, but had a camper shell on it, didn't use the dump much. Pretty soon I had my own house and I worked the dump almost daily.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
StealthDump said:
A dumping bed on a pick-up will spoil you rotten. The first truck I ever bought in 1983 was a '78 Chevy Big 10 with an underbody dump kit. Guy kept it clean, but had a camper shell on it, didn't use the dump much. Pretty soon I had my own house and I worked the dump almost daily.
The only way to fly with a pick up.
Even a little Toyota or Nissan would be nice.