250px-Monza.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a picture of one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pickupwlrsm.jpg

Image:pickupwlrsm.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
gemini5362 said:
My insurance guy advised me to get a dump trailer if i needed something to dump with. He said I can put the trailer on my insurance policy with my truck for maybe 100.00 a year. From looking at ebay it seems like I might be able to get a small dump trailer that would meet my needs for 3000 to 4000 dollars.
Put a dump bed on your Pick Up and you don't have to change anything about the insurance.
$100 for insurance on the trailer VS $0.00 for insurance on the PU.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
minimax said:
A big part of why they will not load pickup's at quarrys is they are using like a 966,980 or 988,etc. those wheel loaders have a 7-8 yard bucket and 8'6" to 12' feet wide a long box pick up is 8' tops so just go to a retail yard to buy your gravel where they load you with a skid steer,tractor,small loader,tlb,etc.

minimax
THEN They need at least on smaller loader on hand for that.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
gemini5362 said:
I also want to warn everyone that is looking into buying a dump truck they might want to check insurance on it. I bid on a f450 dump truck at an auction but did not get it, this was a 1970 model and I was just going to use it to drive to the local rock quarry nine miles from my house on a county road. I asked my insurance agent about liability and was told that for liability only it would be $1250.00 a year. That was their minimum liability payment on dump trucks. to give some perspective on how high that is for my area. My 2005 porsche with 350,000 500,000 350,000 liability and full coverage runs me $1200.00 a year. I can have a lot of loads deliverd for what the insurance would run me.
Nice thing about a dump bed PU is it dosen't have any effect on the insurance angle.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #35  
LBrown59 said:
Nice thing about a dump bed PU is it dosen't have any effect on the insurance angle.

At least until you have an accident or a claim against you.......

I think you will find that your insurance agent disagree's with that statement, and you may find yourself, "uninsured" when the accident happened.

Not a risk I was willing to take.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
AlanB said:
At least until you have an accident or a claim against you.......

I think you will find that your insurance agent disagree's with that statement, and you may find yourself, "uninsured" when the accident happened.

Not a risk I was willing to take.

What makes any difference how you unload it-It's still just a pick up?

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #37  
LBrown59 said:

The liability associated with dump trucks, the nature of the materials that they haul, and the claims against them are substantially higher.

You may never have a problem, and your insurance may be just fine, but if it was me, they would jerk my insurance if I gave them incomplete information and did not accurately describe the vehicle.

Call your agent and tell them you have a dump bed on your truck, I will bet that the rates are substantially different. I know they were for me. (which is why there is a dump trailer at my house)

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #38  
LBrown59 said:

You don't really think that insurance companies are all nice guys who aren't out to make money, do you?

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
AlanB said:
1*The liability associated with dump trucks, the nature of the materials that they haul, and the claims against them are substantially higher.
2*Call your agent and tell them you have a dump bed on your truck, I will bet that the rates are substantially different. I know they were for me.
^^^^^^^^^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~
1*But there's a world of difference between a 1/2 or 3/4 pickup and a 10 ton Mack dump truck
2*Probably so as they would think I was insuring the Mack truck instead of my pick up.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #40  
I hauled a lot of stone, sand and crushed gravel in my dump pickup when I had it. No one ever refused to load my truck. Not one of them ever did any damage to my truck either. Quality help means quality work.