DUST CONTROL

/ DUST CONTROL
Yes chip seal was another option as a crew was in our area at one point. Big crew and lots of equipment. Cash at the end of the day maybe.::..but then it's last minute and the neighbors can't drive on it for 12-24hrs. Funny how similar the stories are! Glad it was a reduction in cost. Too bad it's still $700/yr to keep the dust down. I'll post a google earth photo of the dirt road over the river that uses the product. You will have a hard time finding where the dirt starts and asphalt ends- hint it's asphalt on both ends!

I can just see problems with putting down tar or oil chip seal and expecting the neigbors to wait a day or two for it to dry and then the attorney bitching about black tar on his Mercedes SUV, I know I don't want tar on my vehicle either. Maybe I can buy a land plane and make the neigbors pay for it:D and then buy a water buffalo and save $135. and a hour trip returning their rig. I still hate paying that kind of money every year maybe I'll see if we can split the bill three ways $665. Divided by three $221. a year.

/ DUST CONTROL #33  
Exactly re: chip seal! We were on the end of a 3 way easement. The dust followed us up the road. I'm sure they would help.......well we can hope anyway!

/ DUST CONTROL #34  
That would be a win. The problem I see is if they try to take their portion of on taxes and say they paid you to do the work

/ DUST CONTROL
Exactly re: chip seal! We were on the end of a 3 way easement. The dust followed us up the road. I'm sure they would help.......well we can hope anyway!

Ok I just went back and read your first post and you said you used Dust-Off, can you explain how you applied it, did you buy a water buffalo, do you have to regrade the road after it rains.

/ DUST CONTROL #36  
With Calcium Chloride or dust off you grade the road 1st, then make it wet [not wet enough that the water is running off], then spray the chloride.

/ DUST CONTROL
With Calcium Chloride or dust off you grade the road 1st, then make it wet [not wet enough that the water is running off], then spray the chloride.

Let's say you run a land plane over it, then do you need to compact it with a roller before you spray it.

/ DUST CONTROL #38  
No one would argue that a roller is bad. Right now - raining in CA- I'm guessing you could land plane, let the folks drive the road for a month or so, to see the results, and spray the Dust Off right after the next storm. The variables are the type and condition of road base. The subsoil condition and the amount of organic matter in the soil. If it isn't your road and all you are trying to do is keep the dust down I'm wondering why the extra time and expense to make everything perfect?

/ DUST CONTROL #40  
Our city has been treating our dirt/gravel roads with that tree sap product mentioned earlier and it works just fine but is not permanent and does like 2 applications per summer.
It essentially is wood resins that they apply with a tanker truck.