Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #31  
In Ark. have had the truck and tank in bed checked for "red fuel" But the 55 gal. barrel in the bed they were not interested. Also the John Deere on trailer never checked.
There was a loaded logging truck they checked with red fuel in tank. They parked and driver said were going to fine him for total miles on truck unless he could produce fuel tickets to prove not using. Also said fuel injector pump on his truck has a plate inside that the state is able to calculate the amount used.
Dairyman neighbor was stopped with red fuel in truck going from one farm to next farm. truck was not licensed from looks never had been washed. The fine exceded the truck value
ken

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #32  
side subject here.

remember back in 04/05 when florida got hit DARN hard with hurricanes?

we had a terrible fuel shortage then and they did some emergency bill or something that you could run red diesel in your road vehicle as long as you 'sent in' the road tax.. road fuels were hard to find in some cities.. especially with no power... many of us had farm tanks for the tractors though...

wonder how long it took that red dye to get out of tanks of people who did that?

soundguy

Good question soundguy!

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #33  
Also said fuel injector pump on his truck has a plate inside that the state is able to calculate the amount used.

hmm.. I smell a bluff on this one

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #34  
I have put on over a 1/2 million miles on diesel pickups, I guess I should have run red fuel the whole time because I have never been dipped. I could pay the fine many times over with the savings.

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #35  
don't ever run red down into VA on HW15, the state is checking about every day.

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #37  
They filter it BEFORE it goes into the tank.

And that would subject them to this from the IRS's Form 510:

The penalty is the greater of $1,000 or $10 per gallon of the dyed diesel fuel or dyed kerosene involved. After the first violation, the $1,000 portion of the penalty increases depending on the number of violations.

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #38  
don't ever run red down into VA on HW15, the state is checking about every day.

I run down US64 twice a day. It is a major east/west road with lots of semis, logging trucks, and contractor semis. I see The HP DMV frequently pulling the larger trucks. I have yet to see them check the fuel tanks but I only have a few seconds to watch. :D But I do see the portable scales being used. :laughing:

If they were not testing the fuel I would be shocked.

A couple of years ago a guy was at a NASCAR race and tanks were being checked for red fuel. This guy was checked because he was in an old diesel car. He was using B100 he had made. Which he admitted. He had Biodiesel stickers all over the back of the car. He was fined.

Later,
Dan

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #39  
I run down US64 twice a day. It is a major east/west road with lots of semis, logging trucks, and contractor semis. I see The HP DMV frequently pulling the larger trucks. I have yet to see them check the fuel tanks but I only have a few seconds to watch. :D But I do see the portable scales being used. :laughing:

If they were not testing the fuel I would be shocked.

A couple of years ago a guy was at a NASCAR race and tanks were being checked for red fuel. This guy was checked because he was in an old diesel car. He was using B100 he had made. Which he admitted. He had Biodiesel stickers all over the back of the car. He was fined.
Later,
Dan

I also read that you were responsible for paying taxes on "homebrew" biodiesel. Here ya go: How to Pay Biodiesel Taxes | eHow.com

Chris

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #40  
I also read that you were responsible for paying taxes on "homebrew" biodiesel. Here ya go: How to Pay Biodiesel Taxes | eHow.com

Chris

Yup. Any fuel run on-road must have the tax paid. These guys running their own bio fuels are suposed to be reporting the amount used and pay the taxes for it, yeah,,,,,,, riiiiiggggghhhhttttt. That's happening;):rolleyes:.