Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #41  
Logging yard trucks are allowed to run dyed fuel on the road when they move equipment from one site to another. They all do that in my area. Now the rigs they pull logs with have to use on road taxed fuel. In Va. we are allowed to put a Farm Use tag on a truck and this tag doesn't come from the DMV. I buy mine at Southern States. We have to have insurance on the truck but are allowed to haul our product or pick up farm input products up to 30 miles. Va.dot says on their website we can run off road fuel in these trucks but not travel over 30 miles in one direction.

/ Dyed Fuel and IRS Inspections #42  
In Ark. have had the truck and tank in bed checked for "red fuel" But the 55 gal. barrel in the bed they were not interested. Also the John Deere on trailer never checked.
There was a loaded logging truck they checked with red fuel in tank. They parked and driver said were going to fine him for total miles on truck unless he could produce fuel tickets to prove not using. Also said fuel injector pump on his truck has a plate inside that the state is able to calculate the amount used.
Dairyman neighbor was stopped with red fuel in truck going from one farm to next farm. truck was not licensed from looks never had been washed. The fine exceded the truck value
ken

It has been 6 months and the log truck remains in wreaker fenced yard . The load of logs has been removed.
Hate to lose my truck for this period of time just for a load of the red fuel.
ken