EA grapple not an option now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #91  
Humorous note. I had a young fellow, at the local welding shop, make up the grill guard. He wanted to paint the upper two quadrants as big eyes. That center piece - he wanted to paint red - as a big tongue.

Being somewhat of a stick-in-the-mud - I declined his offer. All black was just fine for me.
View attachment 860678
I used the same mesh on most of my front guards . . .

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #92  
Why you guys like root grapple instead of rake grapple?

I'm usually picking up cut branches to haul to burn piles, thought rake grapple could clamp more branches?

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #93  
Hey, for those of us with tinkertoy tractors (SCUT's) I stumbled on this grapple last night and damn near bought one. The boy talked me out of it, saying the EA fork tines we have are enough for our limited tree branch hauling work. But, boy would this be nice -

I don't have a grapple, but I used some scrap angle iron to bolt on to my forks to make them more of a debris fork. It works great for hauling brush.
1712456861583.jpeg

1712372876546.jpeg

1712372770086.jpeg

Last edited:
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #94  

I'm usually picking up cut branches to haul to burn piles, thought rake grapple could clamp more branches?
A rake grapple can probably haul more brush, but a root grapple is probably better if you also want to use it as a ""dozer" to grub out roots.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #95  
Oh believe me I have seen it on here, I bet a few of them are sulled up about it.
while not a ''cult fan'' they made an excellent grapple bar none !
And that's not ''cult talk'', that's a fact !
Facts are, some didn't like it because they produced a superior grapple.
It really hurt their feelings that EA sold superior grapples

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #96  
I have no reason to doubt that they probably made a nice grapple but the best one in the world is no good to anyone that's looking to buy a new one if they are out of business. I take it that you own one, did your superior EA grapple replace another brand that failed?

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #97  
:ROFLMAO:

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #98  

I would guess - DerMann - it is because most grapple work around these parts involves moving rock, chunks of tree trunk and round hay bales. In these cases - a rock/root grapple seems to functions best.

In my specific case - I have little to no brush to gather or move. It is ALL - rocks - basketball size and up to too large to pick and move. AND - chunks of pine tree trunk. I'm also using my grapple/tractor as a demolition machine. I have several old homestead buildings that are being taken down - gathered up - taken to a burn pile. The shorter, thick tines resist damage better.

Grapples designed to pick and move brush do not fair so well when dealing with rock and tree chunks. Those longer lower lid tines can tend to get bent and broken.

JMHO.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #99  
"hurt feelings"? Are you serious?

I thought this was a tractor forum, not a Mary Kay get-together.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #100  

Yep, it will:

P4110100.JPG
P4160042.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.